Zune Station: 4 inch LCD Screen + Audio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zune Station: 4 inch LCD Screen + Audio

I'm into pc modding, I'm doing a case mod currently and due to a mix up on my behalf I ordered the wrong size lcd screen, so now I'm sitting here with a 4inch lcd that I have no place to put.

I got thinking, my friend has his stereo setup to take direct line in input from his mp3 player into his car speakers, seeing as I have a nice new zune, i want to one up him, not to be mean or anything, but being able to see the zune's display a little bit bigger and showing music videos and movies (wile stationary or to be viewed by the passenger)

my main problem is, I have no idea how I'm going to get behind my head unit to plug this crap up, once I get those panels off I'll be able to wire the stuff. but I'm too afraid I'll mess up my car just trying to get to it.

So if any one knows how I'd get back there to the wiring please tell me,

I've got a decent system as is, Alpine Head unit, and a full set of Sony Xplode speekers the whole upgrade was done about 2 -3 years ago but I haven't been using cd's and I think this would be the best way to spice up my stereo.

i never really liked sony xplode speakers but oh well ill try and help you anyway

in order to do what you want to do you would need to do some serious hacking with the zune to find out how to export what the main screen displays (and maybe have to upscale it too to the resolution of the 4 inch screen), so yeah... i would rate that as... reallly friggin hard =p

but go for it if you want

P.s. i dont know much about the Zune, so iyou may be able to get video from the connection port it has, but i doubt it =p
    2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

i lied, someone did the work for you =p

http://www.zunescene.com/forums/index.php?topic=6485.0
      2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

Wow great idea!
        I just got a zune from a recent woot, i'll be working on this as well. I wonder if there is an easy way to switch audio output from zune to computer with software, maybe an RR plugin.
        www.QRXX.com

Comment

I know you can get the av kit for the zune that will put out audio and video. I have one attached to home theater and it works well for audio, but the resolution is a little lacking on a 55 inch big screen . I am thinking of picking one up, hacking my 04 denali and then using the av kit for the input. The only draw back is that i will have to switch the video on each time and I need to hardwire the power in using a usb to 12 volt connection.

Comment

Working...
          X