No announcement yet.

I want a solid platform! where do I start Powerwise?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a solid platform! where do I start Powerwise?

Hey All I'm not new to the forum been watching a while but I believe I am ready b/c I just bought a truck and I want to set it up so that I can build it in the future but I want to get the power setup so I can use tons of accessories then integrate them later with a PC.

It is a 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins Diesel. IT has dual batteries already and has an high-output alternator b/c diesels need the power at lower RPM's. It does have two amps and a head unit installed but because of the birds nest of wires is why I want to redo the power supplying it as well as have enough for using my laptop, GPS, Extra lights, as well as a Auto cooler that I keep with me on road trips!

I will add a screen or two as well as DVD player and a more permanent computer but I don't want to start building a PC and find I need to find more power to run it!

Any help or direction is appreciated. I saw the FAQ on inverters and converters but that sounded like more way to power the PC and accesories itself. I'm asking now what should I use to get a good source of power from. Like Should I get a board or a block to just tie everything into b/c I want a clean install and not everything jumbled up on the batteries and nest of wires balled up under the dash! Thank you for your time!

Justin T.

distribution blocks.

it to learn more. That's how it's done.

run a single wire off of the battery back to a distribution block. From the distro block you branch off to each component.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

If that what works best I'll look into it! Thanks

Originally posted by raisedinal View Post
        If that what works best I'll look into it! Thanks

it does work the best.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the Store