No announcement yet.

Help With Carputer Components

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Carputer Components

So im kinda a n00b...i actually installed a slim modded xbox in my car awhile back, worked pretty well...i guess

I'm now planning on building a real carputer and installing it in my audi a4 (which i dont have yet) hahah nice huh?

I just wanted to know what you guys think of some of the items i've chosen and if i'll have any problems with them.

Thanks a lot.

VIA EPIA-CN10000EG

G.SKILL 512MB DDR2 533

Hard Drive:
    TOSHIBA 120GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150

Power Supply:

Front End:

I will be most likely install a wireless usb card and run it up to the dash to transfer songs, browse the net, ect while im parked or in the car near the house.

I have a bluetooth gps receiver that im hoping to be able to use with this.

Would like to get some kind of a FM tuner for the PC? Haven't looked into that at all yet

Not sure about the ROM drive yet. Most likely will have a slot load in the dash, but not req.

Screen will probably be a motorized 7" touchscreen. I haven't looked into touchscreen compatibility or anything yet.

P.S. I'm not asking for you guys to tell me about FM tuners and ROM drives, i know how to search, i was just pointing that out

Just wanted to know what you guys thought of some of the components that i've picked, any issues i might have down the road.

Thanks a lot.
    2009 Altima 2.5S CVT Dark Slate

sounds like you're on the right track. Your list of items have all been used and proven to work before. You'll probably want to go with a slot load slim DVD drive.

ok, cool, yea, ill be using a slot load dvd drive. thx

don't forget a bluetooth dongle for your GPS receiver!

sounds good!

yup i already got a bluetooth dongle thingy