would epreciate some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would epreciate some help

i have a little compaq computer, dont know exactly what it is, but i would like to use it to play mp3's in my car, if someone could please tell me what to install on it for it to run smoothly, what to use as an input device (im buying a 7 inch touch panel display but this computer doesnt have any video out except the vga port) and how to to get it to boot and start the mp3 software automagically. i would greatly epreciate help, TIA.

Originally posted by anticommander View Post
    if someone could please tell me what to install on it for it to run smoothly
    Need to be a bit more specific here

what to use as an input device (im buying a 7 inch touch panel display but this computer doesnt have any video out except the vga port)
    Thats fine, most all of the touchscreen available are VGA, and they also have a USB connection which sends the "touchscreen" data. So aslong as your compaq has a USB connection (i.e. was made after 1994) than you're probably fine.

and how to to get it to boot and start the mp3 software automagically. i would greatly epreciate help, TIA.
    This can be done in many different ways with just the O/S itself, but look into the FRONT ENDS forum under Software.

And ofcourse, read this:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78795

It will answer most all questions you have about getting this set up.

Good luck and Enjoy!
    <[[][][][][][][][][][][][]>
    Progress:99% not 100% because theres always something to do...
    Centrafuse on XP (lited)
    EN15000
    120GB 2.5" SATA HD
    1GB DDR2 Ram
    M2-ATX PS
    Slot-Load DVD
    BU-353 GPS w/Mappoint 2k6
    DWW-700M

Comment

Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Sounds like he wanted to get a display with regular Video inputs rather than VGA..

Get a monitor with VGA inputs...you will be glad you did.
        current projects

Comment

Working...
        X