Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Din Adapters

Howdy!

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT, and am in need of guidance for a double din adapter. I ordered one off ebay (after seeing the one from car domain just plain sucked) and found that it was a bit of a tight fit.... I have a Xenarc 700IDT screen, and had to take out the trim on it for now to make it fit in the dash along with the double din adapter...

I'm curious to know if any of you guys have recommendations as to GOOD double din adapters that I could use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THanks in advance.

Bump!

Come on! somone's gotta know the answer!

Comment

metra kit...
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Thanks!

I acutally got the Metra Kit, but I still had a hard time squeezing in the xenarc screen and the HU in there...

*sighs* outside of custom fabrication...anything else out there?

Thanks again!

Comment

Well if multiple double din kits are too small, I think your screen might be too big, not the adapters. In that case, why not take some sand paper or file or something to the kit to make it fit just right and your screen will still be left alone.

I don't know aboiut what your kit looks like, but the one for mine has about 1/8" to 1/4" all the way around and about 1/2" on the right hand side.

Should be plenty of give, and that way your dash is still OEM, and if you ever wanted to change, you just buy a new kit for $20.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
          X