No announcement yet.

Bench test with portable Batt. Booster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench test with portable Batt. Booster?

I have a portable Batt. booster handy, Can this be used to mimic the battery so i can bench test my psu and carputer?
    If you cant DODGE em, RAM em.

Originally posted by Ramanator View Post
    I have a portable Batt. booster handy, Can this be used to mimic the battery so i can bench test my psu and carputer?
    Hard to say. Not sure what kinda of regulation that thing has. I would avoid it.

The better option is to do this http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=bench

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Connector to fool the ATX power supply
      1) Cut the three-pin fan header off about halfway along the wire.
      2) Strip the wire that goes to the outer pin and connect it to the unused outer pin on the 3-pin
      fan head
      For some reason im not understanding these two steps.
      If you cant DODGE em, RAM em.

Comment

Easy way is shove a paper clip into pin 14 (green) and a ground (any of the black) on the ATX connector. Then plug it in and it on. Take the +!2v from yellow, and black is ground.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Even easier if you can get your hands on an old AT power supply. They cost next to nothing now, maybe even free if you dumpster dive, and they have a convenient rocker switch to turn them on and off. I use mine for bench testing all the time.

Comment

Working...
          X