What can I expect out of the box?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I expect out of the box?

I'm putting together my car pc, finally after about a year of toying with the idea, I committed finally sold my Kenwood KVT512 to purchase my equipment. I bought a Lilliput 10" touchscreen, Intel 945GCLF, 2 gb ram, Hitachi 500gb 2.5 sata hdd, AudioControl Three.1(to maintain my excellent sound quality from my JL equipment)full license of Centrafuse, and the item in question, a M4 dc to dc power supply. I went through and read a few pages of the sticky for it in the psu section. But I'm still left wondering what can I expect it to do right out of the box, without a firmware update(I haven't received it yet and don't know if it will be to the latest). What can I expect as far as hibernation times, shut on/off times, etc?

There's too many variables to this equation. Until you actually assemble and test the system with everything hooked up, who knows. Not to mention I don't even know what OS you're planning on running.

Comment

Since it's not installed yet, moved thread to "Proposed setup".
      Tidder

Try RevFE
      The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

Comment

You're setup sounds not too dissimilar to mine, though I am running RideRunner, not CF, but I get about 25 secs from key in ignition to RR from hibernation, and less than that to hibernate.

Comment

And remember, hibernation times are directly affected by how much ram you have. The more ram, the longer it takes to hibernate and come out of it.
          Tidder

Try RevFE
          The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

Comment

Working...
          X