help with laptop carputer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with laptop carputer

hey im rather new to carputers and i bought a laptop of ebay a few days ago and im going to buy a 7inch touchscreen soon, ive been reading up on it and its abit confusing :P. so i was wondering what what power suply i need for it so i can get one soon as i can

There are several ways to go, start from this link & then you can make an educated choice on what works best for your budget & circumstances.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/how-power-laptop/

My decision was easy to go with the Carnetix P1900 mainly because I got a good buy on a used one.
    My 2007 Ford F350 Work Log located HERE

Comment

also try searching for your laptops brand/model. chances are that someone has used or tried something very similar.

if it is a older gateway/dell, make sure to run it past the knowledgeable laptop guys--some require a special circuit to tell the laptop to allow itself to be powered by your power source.
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

thanx for the replys. ill read about it all more to see what i can find, im just having trouble understanding how to do it cause all i have on the laptop is a laptop charger hole and ive looked at my brothers car puter and the power suply in that looks good but i dont no how you would go about doing it im guesing you have to have some type of external power instead of what hes has, and i need to find a shutdown/starrtup controller i think >.> allso confusing :P but ill work it out, and also all i have for sound on the laptop is a headphones and microphone output is that allight to wire up like 2 amps?

Comment

i'm pulling a darque

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advfaq.php

between the laptop disscusion area, and the faq's, you should be able to answer all of those questions.
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
            "pulling a darque"

I'm gonna have to use that myself!
            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Working...
            X