Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

inverter noise.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • inverter noise.

    Ok, I hook the computer up to the ac and everythign works great, when I hook it up to my radio shack 300watt I get a massive amoutn of hum/noise. is there anyway to get rid of this short of getting a dc-dc power supply. I tried a noise filter and it didn't help. I was thinking maybe use a soundcard that plugs into the pci slot?

    Specs:

    VIA Epia 800mhz
    20gig WD
    145 watt power supply
    128 megs of ram
    300watt radio shack power supply.

  • #2
    GROUND...

    Ground your case/PSU...run a wire from it (a screw) to a metal spot on your car that has no paint on it, or just scratch it (the paint) off. That solves 80% of noise problems.
    I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

    My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

    FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

    Comment


    • #3
      Neverind, I fixed it by running the cables straight to the battery.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: GROUND...

        Originally posted by PoBoy
        Ground your case/PSU...run a wire from it (a screw) to a metal spot on your car that has no paint on it, or just scratch it (the paint) off. That solves 80% of noise problems.
        Off the topic of the original post, but what if you grounded them inline? Ive got my inverter and computer grounded with seperate wires to the same place, but what about computer>psu>ground?
        -Nick

        _____________________________
        Since when is insanity a bad thing?
        www.mp3vw.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by EvilInside944
          Neverind, I fixed it by running the cables straight to the battery.
          Grounding stuff to the battery is like some of the worst things you possibly could do...

          But if it works... whattaheck

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Re: GROUND...

            Originally posted by MP3DUB


            Off the topic of the original post, but what if you grounded them inline? Ive got my inverter and computer grounded with seperate wires to the same place, but what about computer>psu>ground?
            A ground is a ground in my book as long as it makes good contact with metal. Assuming you arent tapping into a 22 guage wire with 12 guage, you will be fine. Your main line to the ground needs to be the lowest guage wire. My stuff is spread around so much throughout my car, I have a separate ground for everything. Lots a little slits in my carpet, but ya cant seem em.


            Grounding stuff to the battery is like some of the worst things you possibly could do...
            If your battery is properly grounded (with a good and LOW guage wire), it should not matter. But why you would want to run a second line all the way from the comp to battery...its easier just to cut a slit in carpet and screw it in.
            I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

            My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

            FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

            Comment

            Working...
            X