What PS to get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What PS to get?

Well i'm having the same problem everyone else is with the M2-ATX. The fans spin and the LAN Led's show but no boot. So it looks like I am just going to get a new Power Supply, the problem is the M2 is really the size I need and it was the perfect price, I guess I should have done my research first

I know it's not the board because it powers up with a 180W standard power supply. I will be running a 5.25" DVD Burner and a standard 3.5" IDE HDD. What does everyone recommend to go along with the VIA EPIA M10000? I am really looking for personal experience, but welcome all input, thanks.

Does the M2 make the board boot when you push the manual start button instead of the auto on? COnnect the M2, and then have a push button or just a screwdriver to short the on/off pins. Does it start like it should?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

No it doesn't boot like that unless I use the standard power supply. I tried plugging in the manual switch correctly and then even reversing the polarity but neither worked. I've been trying to figure this out for hours. The fan is spinning then stopping then spinning then stopping then spinning so it has to be getting power, just not how it needs to. I really don't want to buy another PS but it likes like I really don't have a choice

Comment

What else is the M2 powering? THe screen? It could be a bad M2, but that is pretty rare. usually it is an installation error. Size and cost wise, there is no comparison to the M2. opus is bigger.

if you unplug the 5.25" dvd burner does it work? Full sized optical drives can take a hell of a lot of amps.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

It's only powering the board, i don't even have it plugged into to any drives. The screen have plugged in directly.

Comment

I just plugged in a few LED's and the one for the power on the board is light up, the one on the M2-ATX PS is blinking. The keyboard lights are staying on so it's getting power just not past post. I also hooked up a speaker and there are no beeps so it's not even entering post.

Comment

Working...
            X