Clear All

• need a MAX787 chip

neone have an extra?
    "A4 Quattro. Rocket Science."

Try Farnell

Paladin
    Sproggy Mk2.8 & shutdown controller
    Via C3 800 mini-Itx 256mb Ram, 15G notebook HDD

Life is like a Proton. You never know what you will get, but sooner or later, something will go wrong coz its a Proton!

Comment

Hi,

instead of the MAX 787 you can also use a LT 1074 CT which is much easier to get.
      You only need two additional resistors for the external divider because the LT 1074 is not fixed to 5V.

Works perfect!

cu
      tsingsu

Comment

I gotta bunch, where are you located?

If in US I will drop one in an envelope to ya......

Comment

Tsingsu,
          any ideas for the max788?

Paladin

Life is like a Proton. You never know what you will get, but sooner or later, something will go wrong coz its a Proton!

Comment

@Paladin

Paladin,
            I don't know about your electronics knowledge, but if you have a look at the website of Linear Technology you'll find some interesting information about regulators like the LT 1074, LT 1083 and others.
            Maxim is not the only company which manufactures these kind of things, and the LT 10xx types (which are easy to get over here!) give you the possibility to replace the MAX 78x without any problem, even with an increase in power (the LT 1083 e. g. gives you up to 7,5A).

For the replacement of the MAX 788 you can also use the LT 1074; you need two additional resistors with a tolerance of 1% to set the output voltage as the LT 1074 doesn't have a fixed output voltage, but that is easy to do.

Look at the datasheet at
            http://www.linear.com/prod/datasheet.html?datasheet=5

cu
            tsingsu

Comment

Tsingsu,
              Thanks for the info. I never heard of linear technology till now. All this while i've been trying to look for alternatives from motorola and national. from the datasheet it looks easy enough to add the extra components into the existing sproggy. But before i do that i'll have to see whether i can get the LT ics easily here in Malaysia. Else i'll be back to square one

Paladin

Comment

Working...
              X