need a lil assistance with dsatx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a lil assistance with dsatx

First Let me state my carputer is working 95% correctly and i am just trying to brainstorm here what could be my problem.. Its a lil cold here and before i remove all my interior panels to get at my pc i want to make sure i have it all planned out.

Sometimes when i resume from hibernation and my frontend is loaded and i am just about to drive off the pc goes right back into hibernation. I then shut the car off start her back up and then i am good. It normally does it after the car sits overnight and it does not do it every day.. its not a loose wire because then it would do it every day or when ever i put the car into hibernation and then resume like filling up at gas station or just random driving.
    Dsatx is setup to in basic mode . send hibernation or shut down pulse when i turn off ignition.. That works flawlessy just as i open the door pc is off
    Now i have noticed that when i start the car that the pc does 1 reboot if i turn on acc first for a lil then start car. So i am thinking p1 or p2 may need a lil more adjustment
    If i start car up with out waiting at acc ( just straight turn key then pc boots up or resumes without a reboot.)

Now could p1 and p2 be linked to my pc fully booting or resuming and then going into hibernation when i am about to drive off. I mean i got a good gps signal and find the track i want and next thing you know (windows is hibernating.) I have not installed it yet but i have increased my switch lenght with cat5 so i can have a button up front to kill the pc or reboot and see the pretty led from the hd..

Its not the power options in windows i even set them to never and it did it..
    anyone have ideas i would sure appreciate it.
    thnaks in advance
    specs
    pc is connected to headunit had engine noise +connected a radioshack groundloop isolator (noise is gone)
    i have a dsatx wired it up with 10awg wire about a 12 ft run.
    I have a brainstem(not connected though)
    1 stick of pc2100 512mb
    I have gx260 2.0ghz when not overclocked
    1 usb 7 volt hub 4port hub on the 12volt rail
    axiom sandpiper gps reciever on 5voltrail with hirschman antenna from mp3 car
    i have 1 usb 1gb flash drive connected
    i have 40 gb toshiba 2.5in drive connected
    I have a xenarc 7in 700tsv on 12volt rail
    thats all that is connected except brainstem
    I use hibernation and xp pro full no more nlited
    mobile impact as frontend
    and ig3.0 as software..
    KIAs can have car pcs too..

Originally posted by nigwhyrito View Post
    First Let me state my carputer is working 95% correctly and i am just trying to brainstorm here what could be my problem.. Its a lil cold here and before i remove all my interior panels to get at my pc i want to make sure i have it all planned out.

Sometimes when i resume from hibernation and my frontend is loaded and i am just about to drive off the pc goes right back into hibernation. I then shut the car off start her back up and then i am good. It normally does it after the car sits overnight and it does not do it every day.. its not a loose wire because then it would do it every day or when ever i put the car into hibernation and then resume like filling up at gas station or just random driving.
    Dsatx is setup to in basic mode . send hibernation or shut down pulse when i turn off ignition.. That works flawlessy just as i open the door pc is off
    Now i have noticed that when i start the car that the pc does 1 reboot if i turn on acc first for a lil then start car. So i am thinking p1 or p2 may need a lil more adjustment
    If i start car up with out waiting at acc ( just straight turn key then pc boots up or resumes without a reboot.)

Now could p1 and p2 be linked to my pc fully booting or resuming and then going into hibernation when i am about to drive off. I mean i got a good gps signal and find the track i want and next thing you know (windows is hibernating.) I have not installed it yet but i have increased my switch lenght with cat5 so i can have a button up front to kill the pc or reboot and see the pretty led from the hd..

Its not the power options in windows i even set them to never and it did it..
    anyone have ideas i would sure appreciate it.
    thnaks in advance
    specs
    pc is connected to headunit had engine noise +connected a radioshack groundloop isolator (noise is gone)
    i have a dsatx wired it up with 10awg wire about a 12 ft run.
    I have a brainstem(not connected though)
    1 stick of pc2100 512mb
    I have gx260 2.0ghz when not overclocked
    1 usb 7 volt hub 4port hub on the 12volt rail
    axiom sandpiper gps reciever on 5voltrail with hirschman antenna from mp3 car
    i have 1 usb 1gb flash drive connected
    i have 40 gb toshiba 2.5in drive connected
    I have a xenarc 7in 700tsv on 12volt rail
    thats all that is connected except brainstem
    I use hibernation and xp pro full no more nlited
    mobile impact as frontend
    and ig3.0 as software..

Is your BIOS setup to turn on the computer after power fail? You might want to turn this off. P1 sets the timer, that shouldn't be a problem. If P2 is to far clockwise, that might cause this kind of problem. You should turn it counter clockwise for more voltage drop immunity.

Also, try hooking up a laptop with the brainstem to the feed output of the DSATX, Post the results. That is the best debug tool in this kind of situation.
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

Comment

thanks jeff hopefull this weekend i get a chance to check the p2 pot.
      Bios is set to not turn on after power fail
      and if problems persist i will post the results from brain stem.
      KIAs can have car pcs too..

Comment

Working...
      X