I think i may cry!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think i may cry!

I have got all the parts for my CarPC now, im using a VoomPC 2 case and the M2-ATX power supply. I get how to connect it to the ignition, pos and grnd, but the other connectors such as how to conect it to the amp, its just 2 pins!!! how do you get wires on there. Can people post some piks on how to do this, im not a pro at wiring but i would like to use the full potential of the boad

Originally posted by cjrisk View Post
    I have got all the parts for my CarPC now, im using a VoomPC 2 case and the M2-ATX power supply. I get how to connect it to the ignition, pos and grnd, but the other connectors such as how to conect it to the amp, its just 2 pins!!! how do you get wires on there. Can people post some piks on how to do this, im not a pro at wiring but i would like to use the full potential of the boad

You don't power the amp with the M2. The pin just send a low current +12V to turn your amp. It's the exact same thing as the remote turn on lead on a head unit. Just use a meter and find the one pin that outputs +12.

OH yeah, you should try searching. This has been discussed NUMEROUS times..
    -ZtH01
    "It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night"

Comment

I no that it wont power the amp, i have 0 gauge cables for that!!! but on the M2-ATX board i think its the J6 connector isnt it? it has 2 pins, how can you connect a cable to that and then the amp??

Comment

first of all if you have voom case it came with the harness, you plug one end, on j6, remote amplifier wire, and just twist tie, on the other side of the harness that's it

Yev
        R. T. F. M

Comment

what do you mean harness??? you got a pik or sumthin, im really confused and dont no any of the talk! sorry!!

Comment

what do you mean harness??? you got a pik or sumthin, im really confused and dont no any of the talk! sorry!!
            Harness = Bundle of wires with (a) connector(s) on the end. You just plug one of the wires that matches the pins on one end, and has bare wire on the other. You need to figure out which one is 12V+. Either use a DMM, or search here. It's been discussed many time before. You need to hook that bare wire to the remote terminal on your amp.

I personally just have my amps come on when the IGN goes HIGH(12V+)...
            -ZtH01

Comment

I've found it thank you. just one other little problem now..........

I HAVE NO POWER!!!! HELP!!!!

forget the amp, i've plugged the 12v ground and the ignition lead in (thats all) and its not working! ive obviously plugged the ATX conector in. but no luk

Comment

I've found it thank you. just one other little problem now..........

I HAVE NO POWER!!!! HELP!!!!

forget the amp, i've plugged the 12v ground and the ignition lead in (thats all) and its not working! ive obviously plugged the ATX conector in. but no luk
                And why didn't you wire up the ground? (He asks, trying to suppress a snicker)
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i have i think, ive wired the:

12v to the 12v in the car
                  grnd to grnd in the car
                  and the ignition lead to well the ignition!

thats all isnt it?

Comment

And the wire that goes from the PSU to the power button pins on your motherboard?
                    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i have i think, ive wired the:

12v to the 12v in the car
                      grnd to grnd in the car
                      and the ignition lead to well the ignition!

thats all isnt it?
                      As DarquePervert said, you need the wire that goes from the m2's power switch pins to the motherboards power switch pins. Where did you get your ignition wire from? can you verify that it goes live when you turn the key? Do you have a DMM?
                      -ZtH01

Comment

Working...
                      X