DSATX Will Not Provide Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSATX Will Not Provide Power

Power line supplies power, and when the car is turned on, the remote does as well, however, the DSATX will not output power through the cable. Any ideas? I tested the power and remote with a primitive signal tester (Basically just a light :-P)

Originally posted by Memphetic View Post
    Power line supplies power, and when the car is turned on, the remote does as well, however, the DSATX will not output power through the cable. Any ideas? I tested the power and remote with a primitive signal tester (Basically just a light :-P)

Can you give a little more detail? Are you connecting up a motherboard? Is the motherboard pulling the green wire to ground? What is the LED doing? Have you read through the manual?

-Jeff
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by zootjeff View Post
      Have you read through the manual?
      The first question of every support issue.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

user error
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

In short: yes, I have

Comment

Originally posted by Memphetic View Post
            I tested the power and remote with a primitive signal tester (Basically just a light :-P)
            That's hardly a sufficient test.
            Lay your hands on a digital multimeter (DMM) and test the voltage at the DSATX terminals for teh 12v constant and 12v switched. Test them both with key on and key off.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I found out that the problem is actually that I'm blowing fuses. What could be causing this? My connections are fine - I have one fuse on the power line, and of course one on the DSATX. It appears random as to which one, but sure enough, one of them always blows when I reconnect the negative terminal to the battery. However, the one on my amplifier DOESN'T blow, which is what is weird to me.

Comment

Working...
              X