prob a stupid question on the Carnetix CNX-P1900 Ver. 2.2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prob a stupid question on the Carnetix CNX-P1900 Ver. 2.2

im interested in buying one of these to power my carpc, and was wondering if it has that auto on/off function for the pc, you know, when you turn the car on then it starts up your computer and then when you turn the car off it automatically shuts down. or do i still need to install something like the "Micro Shutdown Controller"?
    thanx in advance

the carnetix is NOT a regular DC-DC
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Yes it does have a startup / shutdown controller.
      Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Originally posted by IC-C30 View Post
        the carnetix is NOT a regular DC-DC
        Originally posted by meddler View Post
        Yes it does have a startup / shutdown controller.
        Both are correct. What type of CarPC are you using? Laptop or desktop?
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
          Both are correct. What type of CarPC are you using? Laptop or desktop?
          im gong to use the VIA EPIA M10000 Mini-ITX Mainboard with a touch screen, etc. so i take it that it counts as a desktop? so basicly the carnex can power my compu and shut it down and start it up when i turn my car on and off? right?

Comment

Originally posted by rudels View Post
            im gong to use the VIA EPIA M10000 Mini-ITX Mainboard with a touch screen, etc. so i take it that it counts as a desktop?
            Yes.

so basicly the carnex can power my compu and shut it down and start it up when i turn my car on and off? right?
            No.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

This may shed a little light on the subject...

http://www.carnetix.com/regulators/h...coose_psu.html
              MikeH

Comment

im gong to use the VIA EPIA M10000 Mini-ITX Mainboard with a touch screen, etc. so i take it that it counts as a desktop? so basicly the carnex can power my compu and shut it down and start it up when i turn my car on and off? right?

The CNX P1900 has a jumper selectable output of 18 19 or 20V. You will not be able to use it for a M10000 MB as it accepts a 12V input. The 2140 will output 12V but does not have the standard 20 pin ATX connector your board requires.
                Contrary to my profile information, I am not "Streetdeck Staff" and have not been for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                  This may shed a little light on the subject...

http://www.carnetix.com/regulators/h...coose_psu.html
                  thnx for this... it helps ALOT... i can highly recommend it to anyone who is new to carputers and wants to understand the powering side of it.
                  thnx again.

Comment

Just to clear up a thing here.. the P1900 does not have a ATX Power connector on it. So it wont take the place of your ATX PSU on a desktop computer. What it does do is allow you to use low voltage (18 - 20v) desktop computers in your car.. (ones with external psu's) If your going to use a epia board then I would prob suggest looking at a different one. Its pointless going from a P1900 to another PSU to the epia when you can just get one like the M1 that goes straight to the epia.

hope that makes sense..

CdR

saying this.. If you are using a mini mac (like me) of something like the Dell sx260 .. etc then I can fully recommend this one as its been great for me and does just what it says on the box.. :-)
                    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X