Its Alive Part II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Alive Part II

I got my system running off the ISR's tonight. Settign on the kitchen table powed by an old lawn mower battery. I even have the ATX power on working by using the stanby of the ISR's.

Can I post a pic on here or do have to link to it?

eugenen... could you provide me with details on the circuit your using for the standby? ive not looked into this yet and im not a wizard with gates etc. great to hear youve done it, but could you let me know how? may be real easy, but im concentrating on building my PSU at the moment so I havent even looked into soft off.
    [email protected] - Layer-3 Project

Comment

Which ISR's are you using?

Comment

PT5071 x2 = 3A @ 12v
        PT6642 = 4A @ -5v
        PT6643 x2 = 4A @-12v
        PT6651 x2 = 10A @ 3.3v
        PT6653 x2 = 10A @ 5v

Should all run from 9-16v too :-), gonna be a wierd lookin PCB tho... any ideas on ensuring current split between ISR's or will it do it ok on its own?

Comment

looks like not all yours have the standby pins . The only problem you should run into is when you apply power to them, there may be a ramp up time, where the output climbs up to the rated level. As long as your power good delay is long anough you should be safe. If you have an oscope watch the output and power good and make sure the power good switches afterward. You don't split current, current is drawn by the devices. Why do you need such high values anyway, old MB with hungry CPU?

Comment

hummm I could probably get away with 5A on each line, but I want to allow for me to upgrade to an "old" sub 2GHz processor in a couple of years time when the technology industry takes another giant leap on bealhalf of mankind.

Comment

Depends on the processor, some modern fast processors use the same as or less than the older ones. I plan on keeping everything as low power as possible to make it easy to run off battery when needed.

Comment

Working...
              X