New M2 issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New M2 issue

this is my first car pc and therefore also my first M2 psu.

everything is perfect so far, except one thing.

when i turn the key in my car the psu will sometimes boot and sometimes now, thats one prob, ill try to figure out on my own.

but the prob i wanna ask you guys about is this.

ill turn the key....m2 boots. and i sue the pc for 20 min....car is not running, im just using the acc, while the pc is running fine, ill try to start the car....and bam..the computer shuts off instantly like i pulled the power cord!

whats up wtih that?

when i press my manual power button on the pc after this windows boots and says not properly shut down....

so why is the M2 not staying on during engine cranking? isnt that what its meant to do?
    Thanks, the ubernoob

I think it can be wrong monitoring of battery valtage value - try to read user manual and find info about jumpers, set using them lower voltage Maby this could help to You .
    400Watt CarPC power supply for powerfull systems- thaks for Beta testers- it was perfect.

Remember - AMD Athlon XP (socket A) powers from 5v rail in most times !

Comment

Originally posted by MibMib View Post
      I think it can be wrong monitoring of battery valtage value - try to read user manual and find info about jumpers, set using them lower voltage Maby this could help to You .
      thanks, i actually think that it did that ebcuase my voltage was in fact to low. i killed my batt a while ago and it has been very weak since, so i bet if i get a new optima deep discharge to replace it...all issue will be solved.....

thanks
      Thanks, the ubernoob

Comment

i think this might have been addressed before somewhere. Please correct me if i'm wrong as i'm just starting to use the m2 myself.

Basically, you turn the car to acc mode and the m2 pushes the power button on your mobo.

You start to crank the car, the ign goes off for a sec (you probably notice cause your stereo stops playing music) and your ign sense comes back on,
        from what i understand the m2 thinks that your powering it again and hits the power button on your mobo once again forcing it to shutdown.

I did the same thing today and had wierd results. I even lost some of my roadrunner settings...wierd..

Hope there is a fix for this..i'll search more of the forums to find out.

Goodluck!

Comment

Nevermind what i said.

I tried this today and here are the results using the m2

put car in acc mode
          computer turned on

from acc mode, cranked engine
          computer stayed on.

So the m2 is smarter than i thought. yay!!!

Comment

400Watt CarPC power supply for powerfull systems- thaks for Beta testers- it was perfect.

Remember - AMD Athlon XP (socket A) powers from 5v rail in most times !

Comment

Yeah, I had this problem, but remembered I had used a bit of rubbish wire to ground the pc. Tested it and suprise suprise I was getting 1-2v of voltage drop (lol). Replaced it with a decent bit of wire, and bingo, it worked.

Comment

Working...
              X