No announcement yet.

M2 powers up but doesn't shut down my motherboard.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2 powers up but doesn't shut down my motherboard.

I finally got to wiring my truck and was powering a test run. The motherboard turned on but when I turned my truck off the motherboard never shut down. This is a real problem. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I have a 2.0 GHZ Via C7 Jetway Mini ATX Motherboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    CarPC - 90% Complete -Finally almost all done!

Can someone help, I desperatly need it?
    CarPC - 90% Complete -Finally almost all done!

sorry 4 the l8 reply but have u set it to "shutdown when u press the power button" in the "Power Options" in "control panel"

Jetway boards are notorious for having problems with the M1/M2. has to do with how the front panel pin is shorted to turn it on.

The M1/M2 doesnt short the pin, it just connects 1 of them to ground "simulating" a short. Some Jetway boards this doesnt work because the front panel pins arent the last stop on the circuit, so nothing happens when they are grounded.

Basically, try this:

Flip the 2pin connector going from the M1/M2 to the mobo on 1 end. Try it then. If that doesnt work, well you are pretty much screwed if everything is wired correctly.

Try that first.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the Store