Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Of Load Power supply unit for lilliput

Hello,

This is going to be my first post, but I have been slowly gathering up parts to put a carpc in my jetta. I am now creating a drawing of my setup so I can tabulate everything before actually creating a prototype in my house. The question I have is.

-Is there a point of load power supply available to power up the lilliput straight from the din plug that is normally connected to the factory cd player unit.
    -Also will it fuction properly with the lilliput programed for auto turn on.

I have looked at the opus point of load dc-dc but it says it needs 1.5 more voltage input than output. and the lilliput fuctions at 11.5 minimum.
    FULL CAR PC. START TO FINISH IN ONLY 3 WEEKS

Not exactly what you are asking for because none of them exist. Yes, there is POL for 12V and connection is up to you.
    You can always tap into the 12V line of the PSU, unless you use laptop.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Thanks, that is why I couldn't find one. I can actually design a PCB to regulate power from factory din connector, but the time it will take is not worth while. What do you think?

So, I guess tapping into the PSU's molex corrector is the best idea.

Secondly. Will a M2-ATX power supply work without hickups if its connected to the screen and carpc. my car pc is P4 based low profile dell optiplex gx270 from dell. The original PSU unit in case is rated as 160W. So i thought i shouldn't put any more load on M2-ATX. I guess now i will have to meassure power draw, which i was trying to avoid.
      FULL CAR PC. START TO FINISH IN ONLY 3 WEEKS

Comment

There are people who happy about the M2 and people who cry about it being a destroyer to their system. A little search will reveal it.
        Personally, I wouldn't use M2 but a DSATX or Opus.
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
        X