beeping thats like beeeeeep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beeping thats like beeeeeep

ok i have a power inverter thats 400watts and when im sitting in the car nto moving and i turn my wheel all the way to one direction it just goes BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP and i hate it... is this cuz of power loss? i have a redtop optima battery. would it be better if i hard wired the inverter or just directly connected it to the battery? Thank you

Does it make the beep noise as you shut it off? If it does, ot's a low battery warning.
    Sounds like you're pinching a wire somewhere when you turn the wheel, as unlikely as that sounds. Or you're putting a draw on the electrical system that is causing the voltage to drop off....
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

it makes a tiny beep when i turn it off but that seems normal.
      hmmmm maybe I should try hard wiring it.

Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
      Does it make the beep noise as you shut it off? If it does, ot's a low battery warning.
      Sounds like you're pinching a wire somewhere when you turn the wheel, as unlikely as that sounds. Or you're putting a draw on the electrical system that is causing the voltage to drop off....

Comment

would it help it took pics on how these things were connected?

Comment

pics always help.

And "hardwire" and "directly connect to the battery" are the same. Are you sayng you just plugged it into the cigarette lighter adapter?

And does it only happen when you turn all the way to the left or right with the wheel, or any other times too?
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

yes i have the inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter. but me check..OK argh

I turned the inverter on turned my wheel all the way to the left nothing it was fine
            then turend wheel alll the way to the right and nothing... then moved and it did nothing it was fine..

but do i have to turn on the computer when doing this or not?

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
            pics always help.

And "hardwire" and "directly connect to the battery" are the same. Are you sayng you just plugged it into the cigarette lighter adapter?

And does it only happen when you turn all the way to the left or right with the wheel, or any other times too?

Comment

yes i have the inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter.
              Wow ........ are you crazy man? it's a very bad idea - to use cigarette lighter with powerfull invereter - it's dangerous !!!
              Simply - connect it directly to the battery, i think it will stop beeeeeeeping Good Luck
              400Watt CarPC power supply for powerfull systems- thaks for Beta testers- it was perfect.

Remember - AMD Athlon XP (socket A) powers from 5v rail in most times !

Comment

hm................ ok then... ill just... hard wire it. i guess like take the inverter and hook it up directly to the battery wouldnt be better?

;;feels like homer when he tried to cook breakfest for Mr.Burns::: and everything caught on fire;; hmmm

Originally posted by MibMib View Post
                Wow ........ are you crazy ? it's a very bad idea - to use cigarette lighter with powerfull invereter - i's dangerous !!!
                Simply - connect it directly to the battery, i think it will stop beeeeeeeping Good Luck

Comment

cuz i have been meaning to put pics of my Carputer ))

Comment

does anyone have any more suggestions?

Comment

stitch626ex
                      when you will hardly connect it to the battery, don't forget to use near this connection hi-power fuse ( like in car audio applications, i think 25-30 Amp will be good ). Also use hi-current wires
                      400Watt CarPC power supply for powerfull systems- thaks for Beta testers- it was perfect.

Comment

hmm ok thank you i will I'll post pics when im done.

Originally posted by MibMib View Post
                        stitch626ex
                        when you wil hardly connect it to the battery, don't forget to use near this connection hi-power fuse ( like in car audio applications, i think 25-30 Amp will be good ). Also use hi-current wires

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Yup. the beep is a low voltage warning.

Somehow, the voltage is dropping off when you turn the wheel. Maybe the alt or battery are weak as the PS pump will drag the engine rpm down while turning, causing the alt to turn slower, resulting in a voltage drop off.
                            Do you have any starting or other electrical problems with the vehicle?
                            Or maybe, if you have the inverter plgged into the cig lighter, you bumped it while turning the wheel?
                            Either way, the voltage is dropping off and causing the beep noise.

Cheers

BJ
                            For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                            Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Well since it is just pluigged into the cig lighter, My guess is sharp turns (where you have to turn your wheel all the way) causes a bad connection causes low voltage warning. Cig lighter sockets are the worst way to power the pc... ever. Both unstable physical connection and low current wires. Inverter is not the greatest way to begin with. Then pluggin into the cig lighter, is not a great idea. I even made a pic for this. I am sure I can find it...

edit: voila. The only pic I have hosted here Notice the importance!!!!

Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                              X