could this cause overcurrent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could this cause overcurrent?

I have been having trouble with my P1900 going into overcurrent since i hooked up my xenarc screen with my mac mini. I have the P1900 hooked into the battery using only 1 of the input wires (16gauge i think). My brother insisted that if the tail of the wire that is given on the connector is only 16gauge, then 16gauge is fine for the whole line. I remembering many people saying that 8 or 4 gauge is required.

Should I upgrade to 8 gauge to prevent this overcurrent? And should I hook up the second input wire too?
    CarPC status:

[XXXXXXXXXX] 100% Complete
    [XXXXXXXXXX] 100% Installed
    [XXXXXXXXXX] 100% Software

CarPC v1.2 is now in effect. Software updates and hardware additions to come.

Originally posted by KryptonianJorel View Post
    I have been having trouble with my P1900 going into overcurrent since i hooked up my xenarc screen with my mac mini. I have the P1900 hooked into the battery using only 1 of the input wires (16gauge i think). My brother insisted that if the tail of the wire that is given on the connector is only 16gauge, then 16gauge is fine for the whole line. I remembering many people saying that 8 or 4 gauge is required.

Should I upgrade to 8 gauge to prevent this overcurrent? And should I hook up the second input wire too?
    Yes, though that may not be the reason for your problems, you shoud upgrade the wire. Tell your brother that wire carrying current is based on length, therefore, 3 inches of 16 guage can handle a consdierable amount more amperage then 100 feet of 16 gauge.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Also, when hooking up the xenarc, i just disassembled the cigarette lighter plug and the leads on that to the output of the P1900.

That seemed too easy to be safe. Was I wrong in doing so?
      CarPC status:

Comment

Turns out after re-wiring the car with 2 lines of 10 gauge wire to the p1900, the overcurrent problem stopped.

Hopefully anybody else who has a problem like this will be able to learn from my stupidity
        CarPC status:

Comment

Working...
        X