Opus 250 mounting ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus 250 mounting ideas

Well, the time has finally come. After 2 cars and 4+ years of great working order, my VIA M1000 and morex PS have called it quits. Luckliy, I am able to salvage the HD and memory from the system to install in a new system. I figured since RR and skin capabilities are getting pretty graphics intensive these days, that it was time to finally utilize that spare industrial PC (mini-itx board, 6 USB, 6 COM PORTS!, and all usual MB stuff) w/p4 1.6ghz CPU as my car PC.

So getting to my question, I've ordered up an OPUS 250 to power the new system but I'm guessing it won't fit in the industrial case I have for the new system. Anyone have any good ideas on a basic case for the OPUS? I was thinking two pieces of plexi glass with standoffs to support the PS, would this work? Also, do I need to cool the OPUS with a fan?

i just have my opus 250 mounted to a piece of plexi that is the top of my case, no fan cooling it, and it has run great since day one .

david

Comment

Alright, sounds good. I think this should work for me too. I'll tray sans fan first and then go from there. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by juve021 View Post
        Alright, sounds good. I think this should work for me too. I'll tray sans fan first and then go from there. Thanks for the info!
        no problem, good luck with the install.

david

Comment

Working...
        X