Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

19v E-pc42 pin-out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 19v E-pc42 pin-out

    I know theres alot about the e-pc 42 on here and i have searched here and elsewhere but cant find a simple pin out? i know theres one on the back of the power supply but i dont have one :-P also i know theres an -12v feed on it, as aposed to +12v or a ground, if i hook the +12v to the + on the batt and the -12v to the - side then got a block for the +19v to power the rest would this work

    Thanks

    Adrian<br /><br />

  • #2
    There is no -12v coming from that psu the label is misleading.
    I have powered my epc40 for 3 years with a Carnetix 12v psu and a 19v laptop car adapter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Is there anychance you could send me a quick diagram of that connector cant really see it on that pic,
      Also is the -12 just a ground then?

      Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AdrianObrien View Post
        Is there anychance you could send me a quick diagram of that connector cant really see it on that pic,
        Yes later today I should have something for you.
        Originally posted by AdrianObrien View Post
        Also is the -12 just a ground then?

        Thanks
        Yes.

        Do you have a connector to work with?

        Comment


        • #5
          yes and no i have one kind of the same without the clip to hold it in, it fits and makes contact tho

          Comment


          • #6
            First off I have a E-pc 40 and a E-pc 42.
            They are a celeron 1mhz and p3 1.8ghz.
            I have both AC psu's ( bricks ) that were supplied with these pc's as new.

            One has a label shown below that has the notation -12v.

            I just measured the output of the one with this notation and I am happy to report it is NOT a negative. It is POSITIVE. I think they (HP) split the 12v onto two wires and two pins since the current was so high and went higher with faster processors.

            Any way here is a scan of the power supply.

            If you are building up a psu from scratch let me know and I will tell you how I did mine.








            I found the following, peak load conditions;

            19v supply 1.3 Amps
            12v supply 4.2 Amps


            Power Good 3.3volts immediately when swithcing on the PSU.
            It appears to be generated by the PC not the PSU.
            And now for the good news
            THE PC RUNS WITH IT DISCONNECTED, IT CAN BE IGNORED

            Comment


            • #7
              E-PC Power Supply Build

              If you could provide detail on what you used, it would be very helpful.

              Thanks in advance!

              Comment


              • #8
                For mine i used an "old" ATX conector that i cut down to size, its got the same shapes as the connector need for the E-PC42 then just use two car adaptors, 1 x 12v and 1 x 19v

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AdrianObrien View Post
                  For mine i used an "old" ATX conector that i cut down to size, its got the same shapes as the connector need for the E-PC42 then just use two car adaptors, 1 x 12v and 1 x 19v
                  Wow I've looked at this thing a couple dozen times and never realized it was a partial ATX.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      hp e-pc 40 parts info

                      I'm not sure which dc to dc converter brick you guys are using but here is some info you can use on the other parts. The company I work for modifies this computer for wireless computer carts all the time so the info should be good. We use a mini fit 8 pin connector from mouser electronics costs about $.54 and will be delivered in one to two days. You need to buy pins and crimper tool unless you just want to crimp them with a pair of needle nose pliers. You have two seprate volts one 12v and one 19v. I will post pin outs tomarrow as I will have to look at my notes. You will also need a 7512 voltage regulator. You can buy at Radio shack for $1.35 +- a few cents. On your power brick solder a lead off the positive 19 volt to the 7512 input. solder a lead from negative(ground) to ground of 7512 regulator. Solder lead to 7512 output pin. This will give you a cheap way of getting a 12v and 19v regulated leg to connector. I wired one into my 3000 gt last week with an external usb dvd drive that is powered by the usb on the e-pc 40. Plays great. A few emulators, a couple of 9 by 7 dvd screens(found on ebay cheep), a wireless keyboard and mouse, and a few other small tweeks and I had a hell of a gaming\dvd system.
                      I hope this info is some what helpfull.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ghost320 View Post
                        I'm not sure which dc to dc converter brick you guys are using but here is some info you can use on the other parts. The company I work for modifies this computer for wireless computer carts all the time so the info should be good. We use a mini fit 8 pin connector from mouser electronics costs about $.54 and will be delivered in one to two days. You need to buy pins and crimper tool unless you just want to crimp them with a pair of needle nose pliers. You have two seprate volts one 12v and one 19v. I will post pin outs tomarrow as I will have to look at my notes. You will also need a 7512 voltage regulator. You can buy at Radio shack for $1.35 +- a few cents. On your power brick solder a lead off the positive 19 volt to the 7512 input. solder a lead from negative(ground) to ground of 7512 regulator. Solder lead to 7512 output pin. This will give you a cheap way of getting a 12v and 19v regulated leg to connector. I wired one into my 3000 gt last week with an external usb dvd drive that is powered by the usb on the e-pc 40. Plays great. A few emulators, a couple of 9 by 7 dvd screens(found on ebay cheep), a wireless keyboard and mouse, and a few other small tweeks and I had a hell of a gaming\dvd system.
                        I hope this info is some what helpfull.
                        Thanks for the info, but where is the 19v coming from in your car?
                        , you don't mention a psu.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          reply

                          I built a power supply using a Linear lt1370cr buck boost converter. I'm working on the circuit for you guys and hope to have it drawn out by the end of the week for you guys and posted. A radio shack 7812 voltage regulator regulates the 12v leg. I used a radio shack copper board kit to draw it out and and etch the board. I'm trying to get part numbers best prices for you guys so that it will be as cheep and easy as possible for you. Will post results sometime this week.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just a quick question, is the 4.2 Amps peak load for each 12v line or both?

                            Cuz i just melted my 12v power supply :-P

                            Edit: yea i think i miss cal abit, for mA you have to move the (.) back 3, i only did 2 and throught 420mA, and got myself a 3000mA and throught it would last forever (DOH), really, i need at lest a 4200mA regulator,

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm getting hooked. Ive got an e-pc42 and am thinking of installing in my maxima. Very interested in your power supply!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X