M2-ATX is there final solution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX is there final solution?

I have M2-ATX and EPIA SP13000, everything build in VOOM2 case. I read many threads and much more posts about problems with M2-ATX. I did not find the final solution for my problem, but I'm tired with browsing all these information so sorry if my question has already somewhere deep in this forum resources answer.

I would appreciate any help. My problem is as follows:

I setup for my power supplay starting after igintion (mode 1 = 5 sec after start). I have tested everything on my desk many times (with 12V power converted from 220V). Everything is working well on my desk, but IN MY CAR NOT! I checked all cables, everything seams to be ok.

I read some information about changing the polarity of J8 cable (didn't help) or checking the resistor R4 (did not checked yet, need some loupe) or that there is something with the ground.

I can't replace the M2-ATX power supplay because I bought it long time ago and mounting right now. I bought it abroad and I don't want to wait for shipping. I don't want to replace it to opus, too. I will have to wait for shipping and waste some money again.

It there some easy, clear and final solution to this problem, which I can applay myself??

Did I miss the actual problem?

I see some steps you took to try and solve it, but I think you forgot the problem you are having....
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

The problem is that in the car the M2-ATX doesn't start the computer. When the power is delivered the led is blinking and when the ignition is turned on then the led lights constantly but the computer doesn't start (no funs running, no beep from the mainboard and etc.).

On my desk eveything works ok but in the car not.

I don't want to replace resistors and etc. before I will not make sure that this is solution.

Comment

How are you powering it at your desk? You should be able to get it working at your desk using the M2 and all before putting in your car. There are faqs on powering up from dc supplies at home.
        ~Jimmy

Comment

Yes exactely, I checked it on my desk and it is working but in the car not.
          On my desk I'm using power supply like: http://www.ctek.com/EN/MXS7000/features_benefits.asp (in supply mode).
          I don't know may be there is something in voltage differences, like in car there is something like: 12,6V and at home is a bit higher.
          Is it possible? Did anybody has such problems?

Comment

have you measured the voltage on your +12v line, as well as your ACC line (while both off and on)?
            What guage wire are you using to provide power?
            Have you checked fuses?
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

flip J8
              Setup:
              Dynaudio 240GT
              PPI PC4100, PPI PC2350
              Zapco DSP6
              ADS DAC
              Testing new board (Albatron KI690-AM2)

"I dont know if complaints were filed, or mistakes were made, but feelings were hurt." -Krystal Washington

Comment

Originally posted by m_michal View Post
                Yes exactely, I checked it on my desk and it is working but in the car not.
                On my desk I'm using power supply like: http://www.ctek.com/EN/MXS7000/features_benefits.asp (in supply mode).
                I don't know may be there is something in voltage differences, like in car there is something like: 12,6V and at home is a bit higher.
                Is it possible? Did anybody has such problems?
                If its voltage difference, just start your car, should give all the power you need.
                Cold weather mobo list: Copy the list and add your board
                my hidden screen in action (youtube) , the worklog , RR Volvoskin

Comment

I know it's strange and stupit but it doesn't help, too.
                  Even if I start the car.
                  I flipped also the J8 and still the same.
                  I opened the case and check if there is everything ok and after ignition the voltage
                  is given.
                  Does anybody know maybe what indicates the M2-ATX led when it is lighting constantly?

Comment

what happens when you dont connect J8 but short the 2 pins on the motherboard instead ? does the pc turn on?
                    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

i have been running a 160 watt m2 ATX for my car pc that includes a xp2600 cpu with 1 gig of fast ram, 2 fans plus cpu fan, touchscreen usb, wifi usb, sometimes a large thumbdrive, and a 7500 rpm 160 gig hardrive...

and i have had no problems at all in over 3 weeks of constant use.

now I took my time installing very professional wiring connections, proper gauging of wires, stepping it down and fusing it, etc.

I think your computer is simply not being switched on by the power supply, are you sure the wires that go from m2 atx to your motherboard are in the correct pins on the motherboard?

also, you Need to use a voltemeter like the other guy said and make sure you have enough power going to the m2 ATX.

25.00 voltemeter from hardware store is worth every penny, it has solved many of my installation problems.

Comment

Did you see this thread?

I just remembered that this sounds like a problem that I had when I first started. See if this thread helps:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/powe...iscovered.html
                        ~Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                        X