X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m3-ATX from mini-box.com

Just saw this M3-ATX

http://www.mini-box.com/M3-ATX-DC-DC...=8&category=13

it looks like a good replacement for m2-atx,i like its small size,it looks best for in dash pc installation

i wanted to know more about it before i get one otherwise will get m2-atx.
    it has all features of m2-atx(hope i did not miss any) and it can work independently without any regulated power supply i suppose.

m a computers student so dont know much about power or voltages.hope i can get some help here.
    any comments or views?

It's just the PicoPSU that accepts a wider voltage range.
    Not anything new & exciting, IMO.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
      It's just the PicoPSU that accepts a wider voltage range.
      Not anything new & exciting, IMO.
      i was gonna say.. did they ever work out the bugs for the m2's lol.
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

there is something new

M2-ATX 160W $90

M3-ATX 125W $80 - programmable timing!

programmable timing is new, something I desire for my applications.
        TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
        BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
        BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

One thing that I simply cannot grasp is the fact that both the M1 and M2, and now the M3, have a floppy power connection... And they actually advertise it.

I mean, come on!? Who in their right mind has a floppy drive attached to their CarPC?
          I'd gladly swap it out for the much needed standard HDD power connector.
          For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
          Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
          Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

alot of the Laptop optical disk to ide adapters I have used have the floppy connector insted of the larger molex

Comment

Originally posted by b10hazard View Post
              alot of the Laptop optical disk to ide adapters I have used have the floppy connector insted of the larger molex
              Ditto for CF adapters
              ~Jimmy

Comment

is this picoPSU worth buying...... what is the difference between M2-ATX and this M3-ATX????

Comment

40watts and some real estate.
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

also appears to have an input to plug the ign wire for your amp.. not that that ever really worked on the m2 model.
                    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I think Im going to buy this. I wanted the 160W but we will see how this works. Im running two USB flash drives for my HDD so thats a pretty small voltage. I could possibly have up to 6 USB components plugged in at the same time though... Im going to have to sit down and calculate all of this. The size is pretty appealing though.

Comment

BlackSunCeliGT,can u let us all know (when u buy it) whether it has any issues?This could be the next best psu bcoz of its small size.

Has anyone tried PicoPSU (M3-ATX) yet?

Comment

I actually changed my mind once again, I started out buying a shutdown controller, then had them cancel that order. Next I was thinking about the M3 however, I just bought a SX270 and I would like to get a high end Carnetix PSU for it instead. So I think I have settled on the CNX-P2140 for sure. Sorry about that. I was going to buy a Pico-ITX and this would have worked perfect for it but now that size is not as much of an issue there is no need for it.

Comment

i think i will go with the m2-atx bcoz will be connecting many components so will need more power. Still would like to hear how m3-atx works...

Comment

By experience, I rather stick with the M2-ATX because it is the most reliable unit I've ever seen. It got wet last night because I didn't fully closed the tailgate on my SUV and I lost auto capabilities (turning it on/off by ignition) and all I did this morning was to let it toast under the caribbean sun for a good hour and voila, there it was, strong as ever. Besides, the +12V rail is only 4 to 6A on the M3. Don't get me wrong, it apears to be a good unit, but I don't see the P4 connector anywhere like on the M2.

Comment

Working...
                              X