Jumper settings/ general power questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumper settings/ general power questions

Hey everyone! I have all my stuff together and I am assembaling it now for bench testing.

Some questions came up.

1. I notice that on the m2-atx psu that it has jumpers and they set it to do differant things. The book as a suggested setting of putting the jumper on B which states 5sec/2hours.
    So does this mean it will start 5 seconds after the key is on, and go into hibernation 2 hours after the car is off?

2. Can I put a toggle switch in the main powerline to the carputer, so that on really cold mornings, I can turn it to off before I put my key in, so that it doesnt try to spin up?
    I would rather wait till the car is warm on fridged mornings and THEN flip the switch and let it boot. Is that possible? Seems like it should be.
    This is what I had | Then sold it all | www.seizethepage.com | www.userbytes.com | www.gettingpumped.com |

1. No. 5 seconds after you turn off the ignision, the M2ATX will initiate shutdown. After 2 hours, it will cut all power to the PC.

2. A better solution that is easier to implement would be to put a switch on teh ACC line, and you can use it as a valet switch, basically.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thank you!
      That valet idea is a great one.

So even though the power is running to the psu, the acc wire is the one that really tells it when to start up?
      This is what I had | Then sold it all | www.seizethepage.com | www.userbytes.com | www.gettingpumped.com |

Comment

Correct.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
        X