m2-atx blown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m2-atx blown

Just connected up my M2-ATX in MODE B for the first time, been working fine under a normal PSU and within 20 seconds of the PC booting it died, looks like the FB1 (next to the AMP connector) chip on the M2-ATX board has some burn marks, so what happend?

P.S. It doesnt work anymore !!

you probably shorted it, hooked up the polarity wrong, or overloaded it.

no way to tell unless you provide details.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I would'nt think it's overloaded (basic intel desktop baord), I double checked the polarity, plus it was working for all of 20+ seconds while booting up windows. Doesnt make sence.

Same problem as this guy, http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/powe...blem-help.html
      (ferrite bead block)

Comment

a motherboard means nothing power draw wise. A Server board with a C3 processor wont draw nearly anything compared to a nano-itx board with a Pentium 4EE.

And if it worked for 20 seconds, then died, overloading seems like the problem.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Its only a intel d201gly, which takes roughly 75watts, add a hard disk and thats about it. If I had several USB devices connected then yes but I dont.

Comment

Working...
          X