DSATX - Bench Test - Would this work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSATX - Bench Test - Would this work?

Was searching and found how to bench test the DSATX using an old PSU.

mp3car thread link

However it just didn't seem worth the "risk" and possibly frying something.

So, before using the above as a last resort, I was wondering if this would work:

Ebay Link M2-ATX 12v AC to DC adapter

The only thing I'm still unsure of (in general of PSU/power) is that it says output 12v and 4a, which would mean only 48w?

If so, then I guess it's off to find an old PSU in my bin and go at it...

I don't think it has enough oomph to power your DSATX.
    In fact, i'm sure of it. That only puts out 4 amps. The DSATX requires more than 4 amps.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Darque

I'm not doing the install myself, and want to be sure that the DSATX works 100% beforehand so that they installer can't claim something is wrong with my hardware.

Guess it's back to that thread (and a few others) to see about an ATX PSU mod.

Comment

If you can wait until I get home, we can talk about it on IRC.

I can certainly help you with that.
        How about the Wiki?

Comment

I'd appreciate it. I followed the guide you posted in another thread: FAQ...go figure

DSATX is powered on and running fine, but I'm very confused on how to simulate the engine crank.

I turned it on using a motherboard switch.

I have the 20-pin ATX connector (from the ATX PSU) hooked into a PSU tester (which fools the PSU into thinking it's plugged into a full motherboard).

I'll jump in IRC shortly.

Thanks!

Comment

I won't be there for anoter 2 hours. I'm logged on from my home computer, but I'm physically at work.
            For some reason my employer thinks IRC is some sort of "security risk".
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

Darque to the rescue!

Solved it as if he was Jeff~

Thanks thanks!

Comment

Glad to be of assistance.
                How about the Wiki?

Comment

Originally posted by Phatsacks View Post
                  Darque to the rescue!

Solved it as if he was Jeff~

Thanks thanks!
                  What did the solution turn out to be? It may help other members in the same pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                    I won't be there for anoter 2 hours. I'm logged on from my home computer, but I'm physically at work.
                    For some reason my employer thinks IRC is some sort of "security risk".
                    It is.

But is there a IRC channel for mp3car.com? If not, would there be interest in one? It would be nice for instant feedback and collaboration, because I know once I go to install my carpc, Im sure there might be problems I run into.

Comment

Originally posted by LYHTSPD View Post
                      What did the solution turn out to be? It may help other members in the same pinch.
                      Few things that I was doing wrong...

I didn't have the IGN (ACC line) spliced with a switch to mimic the on/off of the engine.

I didn't have the G1/G2 of the DSATX connected to the power buttons on the mobo (I was turning it on myself with a mobo switch).

Lastly, which wasn't even posted about... P1 needed to be turned down for a much shorter shutdown time.

All of this, Darque was able to narrow down and resolve with in minutes.

Originally posted by MaliceNine View Post
                      It is.

But is there a IRC channel for mp3car.com? If not, would there be interest in one? It would be nice for instant feedback and collaboration, because I know once I go to install my carpc, Im sure there might be problems I run into.
                      There is, it's on Efnet and is what Darque was referencing why he couldn't help me at work, but is logged in at home. He was saying that although his handle is present in IRC, that he wasn't actually at the computer that is logged in, and he gave the reason being a potential security flaw.

Comment

Working...
                      X