M1-atx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-atx

Im having a few probs here, I have built my carPC and tested it in my home, everything is fine with it. Put it in the car with a M1-ATX power supply and nothing happens, I have tested it again in the car with a normal power supply and an inverter, and its fine.

so it must be the M1-ATX how can I test it, I dont want to send it back and fine out it works and i look a prat.

Right so i have the positive conected to the + terminal of battery, - to the - terminal, I have tryed connecting the switch to the car stereo, tryed conecting to the fag lighter but nothing.

Please someone some tips please.

1 - Use a multimeter to test the voltage on those lines to make sure they output 12v when the ignition is on and 0v when the ignition is off.

2 - Do you have the two-wire lead connected from the M1 to the power switch header on the motherboard?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

yeah the jumper fly lead thing is connected to the power pins for the front panel on the motherboard, I dont have a multimeter, i'll see if i can find one at work

Comment

OK the wire I have connected to the power for the PS is permatant +12v, the other is conected to ground, so there fine. I think the problem is the swicth, now am I right in saying that the switched wire is another +12v that only goes live with ignition on?

If so would connecting it to the same as the permanant work, Im thinking that it would just that it would never turn off, but it would prove that the PS either works or not?

Comment

Yes & Yes
          Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

so I wont blow anything up then, one more thing, ive read ppl say that running off the fag lighter aint good, but just for a few moments wont be a bad thing would it, just for testing?

Comment

The 12v switched can come from the fag lighter no problem
              Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

ok thx mate, ill try wiring it all up.

Comment

Working...
                X