Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPUS 320 missing a option the M2-ATX has?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPUS 320 missing a option the M2-ATX has?

I just bought a OPUS 320, and I have to say the M2-ATX was much easier to install, but I needed the 320 watts of power. Can someone help me with an issue though? On the M2, I had an option to plug in a switch to shut the PC if it happened to freeze or some other issue. I do not see a similar port on the OPUS 320? Is there one and I am simply missing it? If there is not a port, how are you guys connecting switches to it? I really wanted to be able to reach back to the case (my pc is mounted on the back seat) and hit or hold in the button to shut it off and turn it on, as though the switch were connected directly to my mother board as in a home enviroment. Im assuming that maybe I have to cut the green wire (+) from the OPUS to the board and connect the switch inbetween there? Some one please advise!

Thanx in advance!
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Connect it to the reset pins on the sys board
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Or do it just as the M2 does and put it in parallel with the on/off wires.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

my case aloready has a reset button. but if the pc freezes... you cant use the reset button. you have to use the power buttn.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

can you elaborate toaster.... what do you mean maked it parralel with the switch

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
            my case aloready has a reset button. but if the pc freezes... you cant use the reset button. you have to use the power buttn.
            Strange! That's exactly what the reset button is for
            Laidback

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback View Post
              Strange! That's exactly what the reset button is for
              but what about if I want to shut the PC down and not reset? I looked at the M2 and saw that the onboard switch, and the manual switch are together... so I will simply connect them both.....

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                but what about if I want to shut the PC down and not reset? I looked at the M2 and saw that the onboard switch, and the manual switch are together... so I will simply connect them both.....
                But you said 'if the pc freezes' , never mind do as you say above.
                Laidback

Comment

Well my OPUS works fine.... powers and shuts down the PC as it should. I have 4 fans and my GPS connected to the 12+V line, and no issues... My USB Hub with all the high bandwith stuff (Bluetooth, Sierra AirCard, Belkin 54 G Card, and Keyboard) was not working, kept saying power exceeded. So I connected the hub to the 5v rail, turned on the PC, and guess what.....

THE HUB CAUGHT ON FIRE AND MELTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really was not happy about that, it was a hub I just bought :-(. So I started to think that maybe I should get an inverter, but I though that would be dumb.... So I started to think that maybe I can do like my GPS. I have a Cigarette Lighter GPS. My car has 3 sockets and one is in the console. I seperated it from the cars power and added it to the OPUS and thats how it is powered. I also have 4 fans connected to it...

Would it be a strain to have the 4 fans, then take a socket splitter that makes one socket into 3 sockets, and plug in the GPS, a car adapter for the DVD rom and a car adapter for one of the hubs (the one that needs the power, the other one only has the touch screen, and 2 wireless mouses plugged into it, so I dont think it will need an adapter) and also want to add xm adapter.

So thats:

1 GPS
                  1 USB HUB
                  4 Fans
                  1 Slim line USB DVD ROM
                  1 XM Serial Adapter

Get back to me and tell me if its too much... I mean the OPUS is 320 watts.... should be able to right?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Well umm it said it was being overloaded... so you rewired it and it fried. You're surprised?

Why 4 fans? Can you just use 1 or 2 bigger fans to move the air? Does it really need that much cooling? You should do some testing with Speedfan to see what the temps are with different numbers of fans. I've reduced the numbers of fans on my PCs with no ill effects using this tool.

Comment

Because my setup is diffrent.... the PC is all alone mounted to the back passenger seat, but all the USB components and 2 amps are all inside of the center console.... there are 2 large fans that suck air in, and 2 large fans that suck air out. It keeps the console way below tempature of the cabin of the car. Anyways, I managed to get everything powered with no ill effects. I did change tha DVD ROM though and decided to put it in the case instead of having it on USB. After all the DVD ROM is right on the back seat now so its easy to get too. The only thing I have not installed is the XM adapter which should not be an issue.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                      4X MK808b
                      3x Perixx Touchpads
                      3x 7 inch Screens
                      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                      X