This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPUS 320W Intelligent DC-DC PSU FAQ Thread

This thread will serve to post all relative information for the Opus 320 watt Intelligent DC-DC PSU.

This thread is not to be used for troubleshooting, but rather for FAQ type responses.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

For PC to work properly with remote power on and hibernate, the BIOS has to support ACPI 2.0 to work with Opus 320W.

Comment

The opus 320 does not fit in varoom case

Comment

it's just a circuit board, how can it NOT fit... anywhere?
        http://www.mp3car.com/members/tracke...ivic-2007.html for Car Pics!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ease-read.html for Touchscreen timeout fix!

Comment

Little love for the Opus 320. How bout someone with some knowledge and the PSU could explain what the 10 wires on the input harness are for?

Comment

When in doubt, reading the product manual is always a safe bet: http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...4&Show=ExtInfo

Accordingly, on page 3 of the manual

In order of the pins:
            1. GND
            2. GND
            3. GND
            4. ON/OFF
            5. 12V out
            6. +BATT
            7. +BATT
            8. +BATT
            9. RMT-1
            10. RMT-2
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Yea I printed out the whole manual but I wouldent mind a short explination of where the wires go?

Comment

hey, isn't there a dedicated place for Noobz, Newbies and beginners ?

Well uh, I don't want to look harsh, but if you can't figure how to connect these wires (with pretty explicit names), then you're slightly unprepared to mess with carputers

GND = Ground (negative pole of the battery which means the body of your car
                + BATT = positive pole of the battery
                On/Off = probably is to be connect to a switch with other wire connected to ground
                12vout = stabilized 12v output
                RMT1/2 = remote 1/2 to be connected to amp and other systems

Pfff damn noobz
                Now Galileo is real. Muhahahahaha :p

Comment

Just dont wanna fry anything I knew where everything went except the 12v wire didnt notice it was output. Thanks

Comment

n00b

im an electrical engineer n i had a miss understanding there myself too , you just wanted to burn on an upid question , but n another note that rmt=remote , tanks , that cleared my question , n made up my mind , this is not the one i need cause im not opening the dash in my new truck.....

Comment

Mounting

The screw-holes on the Opus 320 circuit board are too small to accomodate 6-32 machine screws. 4-40 works though.

Comment

I'm having an issue that the remote cables are not turning my amps on.....anyone have that problem..... am I missing jumpers or something like that?
                        My Car!

Comment

Originally posted by msun View Post
                          For PC to work properly with remote power on and hibernate, the BIOS has to support ACPI 2.0 to work with Opus 320W.
                          Haven't installed PSU yet, but my manual says my mainboard has ACPI & PC2001 enhanced power management...

What about 'standby'? Do you need the 2.0 standard for that as well?

Comment

Originally posted by WuNgUn View Post
                            Haven't installed PSU yet, but my manual says my mainboard has ACPI & PC2001 enhanced power management...

What about 'standby'? Do you need the 2.0 standard for that as well?
                            Not sure but I'd assume no, since standby is drawing almost same current as ON?

Comment

Originally posted by msun View Post
                              Not sure but I'd assume no, since standby is drawing almost same current as ON?
                              I think your thinking of WinXP standby, where the PC just goes into a fully-on slumber....lol
                              Vista 'sleep' is completely powered down, except the memory (and probably USB devices) remain powered up...
                              MUCH less current drawn than 'on'...

Comment

Working...
                              X