This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPUS 120W Intelligent DC-DC PSU FAQ Thread

This thread will serve to post all relative information for the Opus 120 watt Intelligent DC-DC PSU.

This thread is not to be used for troubleshooting, but rather for FAQ type responses.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Can it power a laptop?

Comment

It's not designed to power a laptop. It's designed to power an ATX-compliant motherboard.

You might want to read up on the power supply FAQs: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advfaq.php
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Does the Opus have an anti-thump controller, like the Mx-ATX series?
        Noob Status:

Research : 50%
        Buy Parts : 10%
        Configure Parts : 0%
        Install Parts : 0%
        Money for Parts : 0% :P

Comment

Yes, there is a delay, so there is no thump.
          Audio: 4 * Rainbow Audio Germs + Infinity Basslink / Case: iStarUSA S3 / CPU: C2D P8700 / MB: Jetway NC64-LF / SC: ASUS Xonar Essence STX / RAM: Crucial 2x1GB 1066MHz / HD: MTRON 2.5" 30GB / DVD: Panasonic UJ-815B / PSU: Opus 180w / LCD: Xenarc 700TSV

Comment

Missing the 6 pin harness

I ordered and recieved on of these bad boys several months ago, but I didn't recieve the 6 pin connector harness to wire into the car properly. I made due and threw something together to make it work...but my solution has not been the best (occasionaly wires disconnect/come unplugged).

Seeing as it has been so long since I placed the order, I don't expect any help from the MP3car store. Does anyone have an idea where I can order just the connector/harness? I have looked EVERYWHERE I can think of with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sliderttu View Post
              I ordered and recieved on of these bad boys several months ago, but I didn't recieve the 6 pin connector harness to wire into the car properly. I made due and threw something together to make it work...but my solution has not been the best (occasionaly wires disconnect/come unplugged).

Seeing as it has been so long since I placed the order, I don't expect any help from the MP3car store. Does anyone have an idea where I can order just the connector/harness? I have looked EVERYWHERE I can think of with no luck.
              Hi... it seems its just a 6 pin MOLEX conector, you can buy it at almost any electronics store.!

Good luck!

Comment

how many connections and what types does this PSU have?
                looked at the pictures but wasnt able to tell 100%

Comment

Regarding the 6-Pin power connector - it's identical to one end of a standard ATX Power Supply 20-Pin connector. Find a scrap ATX PSU, and take a razor blade to the appropriate end, and presto!

Comment

Working...
                  X