OPUS 320 hibernation issue!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPUS 320 hibernation issue!

I have a OPUS 320, but my system seems to hiberate when it wants too. Alot of the time it has to cold boot, and on rare occasions it will hibernate as it should. At first I thought it was the hookup I did with my USB hubs using the OPUS as a power supply, but I have disconnected them and still have the issue. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Might I add that I have a switch connected to the OPUS so I can turn it off and on as I wish.... would that be the cause?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Where did you put the switch? On the ACC line or the +12v line?
    Have you measured teh voltage behind the switch?

Making assumptions here....
    If you put the switch on the ACC line and the connections are poor or the switch is faulty, it could be losing a connection to the Opus, triggering hibernation mode.
    It could also be a faulty connection to the ACC line itself.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Sorry I was not specific... when i say switch I mean the power button on the case. I think it was you that told me to mount it parrallel to the OPUS, so I can power down if I freeze for some reason, but i really do not think that is the issue. A while back (2 weeks to be exact), I was playing with the BIOS to try to get more speed out of my NVidia PCI Card. I figured there is a setting I could change. Never found the option because I do not know what alot of the things do. This is a M10000, by the way. I remember I had clicked on Optimize settings. I figured it would help but obviously something was changed that screwed up Hibernation. Is there a way to retrieve the old settings? Cause now when I boot, it counts down the memory to check if it is ok, but it does it 5 times, making the PC take very long to start. Maybe I should take screen shots of all the BIOS categories and you guys can help me out with the setting?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I've seen that when I move my PC from car to test bench using a ATX power supply, forgot to change the jumper for "boot-up voltage" from 12V to 11V, then if voltage from the ATX power supply for some reason dropped below 12V, the PC hibernates.

Comment

Its odd but all yesterday the PC hibernated perfectly.... then today it didnt..... maybe i have to change the shutdown voltage on the OPUS 320, it has the option to do so.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
          X