uSDC Problem (ZootJeff, Help)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uSDC Problem (ZootJeff, Help)

I have an emachine (couple years old) which I have hacked up the case and put it under my passenger seat (I did it this weekend) in my 07 Mazda 3. I have 12 Ga wires for VIN ACC and GND. I have Vout running to my inverter which powers my ATX power supply. I have the ACC high jumper jumped and P2 set fully counter clockwise and P1 set about in the middle.

When I start the car the uSDC does what it's supposed to (turns on the inverter, then turns on the PC) but when I turn the car off the uSDC never sends the pulse to the motherboard to hibernate. The light will start blinking twice and continue to do so for a minute and a half then cut power like it should but the PC never hibernates. I have tried the power switch cable both ways on the motherboard to make sure I don't have it backwards but nothing. If I hook a momentary switch up I can hit it and the PC will hibernate. I'm kind of at a loss as to what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

OK, Anybody...help...

Comment

The problem could the the motherboard. Most motherboard's power button is simply ground 1 of the 2 pin to turn the PC on/off/hibernate or whatever. The MB you have may not be one of them, and I forgot what it called. Look up Jeff site (mpegbox) for instruction to built a compartible cable cost about 3-5 bucks in parts.
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Hmm..I checked the posts on mpegbox's forum but didnt see anything. There are only 7 or 8 posts regarding the uSDC and none of them mentioned that. It sounds like what I need though. Does anyone have this information?

Comment

This is cnp from Jeff site.
          http://www.mpegbox.net/DSATX/DSATX_Pos_Sw/

This shows how to build the DSATX power switch cable.

Kits are available.

Kit includes:
          PNP Transistor 2n3906 - Digikey: 568-1367-1-nd
          2 -10k resistors - Digikey: 10KEBK-ND
          24" 2 pin jumper - PCCABLES.COM
          1" 1/8" heat shrink - Digikey: A018B-4-ND
          2" 1/4" heat shrink - Digikey: A014B-4-ND

1. Cut the cable near one of the ends.
          2. Strip the remaining leads.
          3. Cut off the extra white lead from the longer remaining cable section.
          4. Twist and cut the 10k resistors.
          5. Solder to the middle lead of the transistor
          6. Put the 1/8" tubing over the resistor pair
          7. Bend up and solder the lead as shown.
          8. Solder the long section of cable (red lead) to the resistor that was not bent up and connected to the other pin of the transistor.
          9. Connect the connector and wires as shown.
          10. Put the heatshrink back over as shown.

Now it is ready to use. Connect the section with the heatshrink near the motherboard. The red lead is the Motherboard Power Switch

The connector opposite the heatshrink goes to the DSATX JP1 pin G1,G2. Red wire goes on G1
          Note: the above post was from the DSATX subforum. The SDC part of the DSATX and the uSDC are basically the same. So this cable should apply for both. Well, I should said for all SDC that deal with this type of mobo.
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
          X