M2-ATX wont power Amp on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX wont power Amp on

I just upgraded my system, and one of the things thats new is my power supply.
    I had a M1-ATX and have now a M2-ATX.

Just installed everything in the car , all working fine except that the powersupply doesnt power up my Amplifier.

Because of this I messure the power coming out of the connector and this is 11.2V.
    If I connect the cable to the Amp it drops to 8V

What can I do tho make the Amp go on. I bought the M2-ATX in the startes and I dont like the idea to send it back because if this.
    Therefore I want to find a different solution for this problem. (maybe getting 12V form other part of the powersupply
    Gods right foot!!

Renault Grand Espace 3.5 V6

Problem solved (by it self)

I just dont know what happend after I shut it down the system. This because while starting the car to get to my work , suddenly there was sound comming out of my speakers
    And this after many reboots trying to make the powersupply to start my amp.

So , please close this topic as problem is solved
    (by it self )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, it seams that the problem is not gone.
    Because I had my case lying around in my boot I did get back to my car to put it onhis normal place.
    I disconnected all cables , included powerline.
    Place the case back and reconnected everything.

Started the car and gues what......NO SOUND came out of the speakers .
    I really think now that there is something wrong whit my M2-ATX.

Will it be possible to connect the normal 12V line directly to my remote cable , just to see if this will power it up??
    Gods right foot!!

Comment

Do not hook up 12V battery to your remote out on your PSU, you will mess it up. Maybe you need a relay.

Comment

OK, but what kind of relay (i'm a nooob concerning this) and how do I attached this??
        Gods right foot!!

Comment

Just a standard automotive relay. The relay has 4 contacts labeled 30,87,86, and 85. On 30, you hook up 12V battery. On 87 you hook up the remote wire out to your amp. On 85 you hook up to ground. On 86 you hook up your remote output from your PS.

Actually the relay has another contact which is 87A which you won't be using.

Comment

On my way home from work after starting the engine the amp did power on normally

It seems that the problem only appears when I start the CarPC when the engine is off.
            I think I will have to get me a relais.

But an other problem just appears.
            because I wanted to test if the amp did only start up when enigne was running , I shut it down and started the PC by moving the starter key to position one.System powerd op without sound, so amp didnt go on like i suspected.

Now the next problem appears, when I turned the key to the OFF possition,PC did't go to hibernate like it should

I think that both problems are M2-ATX related.
            This because the last couple of days , while installing and testing the system in my house using a normal PSU the system hibernated everytime I asked for.

If this continue then I think I need to return the PSU to the Sates
            Gods right foot!!

Comment

sorry dont mean to hijack but what are you using to connect the two pins on the m2-atx to your amp? did it come with the psu or did you have to buy/fab your own?
              '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:
              Design:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 100%
              Fabrication:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]100%
              Installation:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 80%

In trouble...

Comment

The M2's that I've seen didn't have enough current to fire on a standard automotive relay. I recommend using an optical isolater that will turn on w/ anything from 3-32volts, and some minute form of current. Part number is 70G-ODC5B. Good luck...
                Setup:
                Dynaudio 240GT
                PPI PC4100, PPI PC2350
                Zapco DSP6
                ADS DAC
                Testing new board (Albatron KI690-AM2)

"I dont know if complaints were filed, or mistakes were made, but feelings were hurt." -Krystal Washington

Comment

Originally posted by stangg172006 View Post
                  sorry dont mean to hijack but what are you using to connect the two pins on the m2-atx to your amp? did it come with the psu or did you have to buy/fab your own?
                  What I use is the same cable that I did when my M1-ATX was installed.

This cable is attached to the right pin, as its mentioned on the manual.
                  Amp only powers up when engine is running,that means that the 12v that are needed is supllied by the PSU at that moment
                  Gods right foot!!

Comment

Originally posted by seninha View Post
                    What I use is the same cable that I did when my M1-ATX was installed.

This cable is attached to the right pin, as its mentioned on the manual.
                    Amp only powers up when engine is running,that means that the 12v that are needed is supllied by the PSU at that moment
                    thanks for the response! However, my concern is over how to actually connect the cable from the amp to the PSU. i know the pin is really fragile so i dont want to damage it. Did you solder it? use a connector of some sort?

thanks again!
                    '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:
                    Design:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 100%
                    Fabrication:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]100%
                    Installation:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 80%

In trouble...

Comment

Cable is attached from the amp to the PSU using a fan connector.

Bu as the Amp is power up normally when engine is running but NOT when its off , it should be a PSU problem. Or at least the amp remote control.

I was talking to a friend of my and he thinks that the current coming form this remote connector does flow out somewhere. This because when I messure this connector then 12V is showed ,but when I connect the AMP cable this dropped to 8V.
                      I messure this with engine off.
                      Gods right foot!!

Comment

Working...
                      X