problem with opus 150psu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with opus 150psu

when I just sit in my car listening to music for about 15 minutes with the engine off but ignition switch on it shut down. Then after the shutdown is finished, it boots back up it self. then will stay on a little longer then before, then shut down again. I have a dry cell 1400 amp car audio battery with 62 amp hrs which I should be able to set for 2.5-3.5 before the car drop below 10v. Im just not understanding this. It a first generation opus atx 150 power supply. I think it a problem with power supply. the car is running it 13.7v and off the car is 11.8 and 11.4 the lowest I have seen after an hour of being on. It also reboot during cranking the engine. the battery dips maybe to 10.6v or 10.8v for 2 sec which is not long enough for the shut down process. any have these problem with opus products. I thinking of buying the 180w opus makes
    https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

anyone?

Comment

i have a 1st gen opus 150 and experience the same problem. i never did try very hard to figure out what the problem was because i don't run my computer for extended periods of time with the car off. i am running my switched wire to a cigarette/power outlet. maybe a different switched power wire would make a difference.
      my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
      wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
      company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

Originally posted by kuo View Post
        i have a 1st gen opus 150 and experience the same problem. i never did try very hard to figure out what the problem was because i don't run my computer for extended periods of time with the car off. i am running my switched wire to a cigarette/power outlet. maybe a different switched power wire would make a difference.
        the guy at opus said it must be my battery. But I explain to him that the battery is new and there is no way the the voltage drops that fast below 10v to shut off. I thought it had to below that voltage at least 10 sec to shut down. Mine doesnt even start the shut down process and close windows. It just shuts off! completely with out warning. Its like I just pulled the power cable to the carputer. when I start the car while on, it does that same thing. But he tells me there is a problem with my $400 dry cell battery, bull sh**. I just thinking about buying a opus 180w psu that has the anti-thump. anyone using this psu? I think they had problems with the first 150 psu and it weird that now thery are stop making the 320w psu making a more powerful one. I think thay are selling the $49.99. $150 price drop

Comment

Working...
        X