Opus is perfect in my system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus is perfect in my system

Not sure if any of you have read my previous threads, but the OPUS is a PERFECT solution for my setup. I have yet to find something wrong with it. It is simply an awesome supply. No problems cracking the engine at all.

Scenerio on Sat night. forgot to turn my over ride swith off one night...woke up the next morning to go snowboarding with freestyler. Walked outside and my computer was running. I look at the clock and it was running for 7 hours. I turned the key, and whalla,..truck started, and computer didn't even flinch.

(I have anothe rpost out there how I let it run playing winamp for 7 hours and 50 minutes before it finally died)

This supply is powerful. I have it powering a LOT of hardware.
    10.4 500 NIT Datalux with Capac. Touch, 60 GB 7200 rmp HD, ATI All in Wonder Card, USB Copilot GPS, USB HUB, DVD drive, etc. \

You can not go wrong with the OPUS.

I guess there was one little problem......Only thing I have had a problem with is that I thought that the opus would turn my computer off before the battery died so I could start it. On my 7 hour and 50 minute test, once the computer died, I was unable to start with out a jump. When I accidentally left it on...no programs running on Saturday night it was 7 hours and turned over fine that time.

Nathan

Re: Opus is perfect in my system

Originally posted by nolmscheid
    Not sure if any of you have read my previous threads, but the OPUS is a PERFECT solution for my setup. I have yet to find something wrong with it. It is simply an awesome supply. No problems cracking the engine at all.

Nathan
    With all the Hype, you'd think he worked for OPUS!
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Re: Opus is perfect in my system

Originally posted by nolmscheid
      I guess there was one little problem......Only thing I have had a problem with is that I thought that the opus would turn my computer off before the battery died so I could start it. On my 7 hour and 50 minute test, once the computer died, I was unable to start with out a jump. When I accidentally left it on...no programs running on Saturday night it was 7 hours and turned over fine that time.
      Well If you had it hooked up spec (no kill switch) then it wouldn't have to run a low power shutdown since it would already be off

zootjeff:
      The supply seems to be getting a lot of praise all around...
      aka Kumaneko
      "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
      Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
      mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
      Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Opus is perfect in my system

Originally posted by zootjeff
        Most of it coming from you....
        Me? I've never even seen the thing in person.. it's features seem quite grand.. and It seems to live up to expectations.
        aka Kumaneko
        "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
        Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
        mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
        Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

he he

ShinkunoNamida says:
          Well If you had it hooked up spec (no kill switch) then it wouldn't have to run a low power shutdown since it would already be off

Nathan Replies:
          Well the default shutdown is 10 seconds, and then you can switch from there, but yeah, you are correct. In ideal conditions this is NOT a problem. But somewhere in the Opus documentation it says that the supply can sense if the battery is running low, and then will shutdown the computer. It didn't do that though! hehe By no means am I upset about that. I love the supply. Its very nifty.

I was just fooling around testing! Although I am scared if I do leave it on now. I guess its rare that I am not back in my vehicle within 7 hours or so.

I am installing a remote starter. I could use the cold weather option to turn the computer on every few hours, that way my battery would always stay charged! ROTFL

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Opus is perfect in my system

Originally posted by ShinkunoNamida
            Me? I've never even seen the thing in person.. it's features seem quite grand.. and It seems to live up to expectations.
            Ok not you, sorry about that.

Hey nolmscheid, how much power does your total system draw? Do you have anyway to hook up a current meter into the input?

Also, do you have a deep cycle battery or a starting battery?
            MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
            www.mpegbox.com

Comment

No Meter Jeff

I don't have a meter of any sort. I might be able to borrow one from a friend.

Here is a detailed list of what I have running Directly from the leads from the Opus Supply.

SV25
              C3 900 mhz CPU
              256 MB SDRAM
              60 GB Maxtor 7200 rpm HD
              Pioneer 16x Slot Load DVD
              Firewire converter bridge for DVD
              Cat5 USB extender and Hub
              Copilot GPS
              Datalux 500 Nit Screen with touch
              Wireless keyboard/mouse receiver
              ATI All in Wonder Graphics Card
              USB Sound Card
              USB Game Controller at times.

I think thats it..I might be missing something...

I will see if I can get a meter from someone sometime.

Assuming I have a Starter Battery. Its a stock 2001 Dodge Durango Battery.

Nathan

Comment

nolmscheid

Thank you for your kind words about the Opus Solutions, Inc. SFX12-15 power supply - we are thrilled that you are so happy with our product that you would take the time to give it such a good review.

( And no, nolmscheid does not work here at Opus, which makes the compliment even greater for us)

On a technical note - we have changed the low battery threshold voltage in the latest revision of the SFX12-15 power supply. We have discovered that the 10V threshold was too low for weak batteries so it has been raised to 11V.

Regards

Joel
                Opus Solutions, Inc.
                DC-DC Power Supply for ITX/ATX
                Opus support forums now open!!!
                www.opussolutions.com

Comment

Working...
                X