Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male to male ATX power cable kit...

I've searched for hours...

Does anyone know where I can get a kit or some thing to make a male to male ATX power cable kit? I need this for the DC board I ordered from Casetronic. Pic below...
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

you could use a female-female one as well right? or just cut and splice all of the wires, probably cheaper and much less time consuming.
    IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

Originally posted by Telek
      you could use a female-female one as well right? or just cut and splice all of the wires, probably cheaper and much less time consuming.
      I don't think female to female would work because the DC board, I believe, is female and there are not lesbians in the computer hardware dept. (sorry I just couldn't resist). I could splice but it wouldn't look clean considering the computer case will be made out of plexi...could be last resort though...

I've look at Radio shack and other places of the like...no luck.
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

I know they are out there somewhere, I live in the UK and I remember tandy used to sell them. Have you tried looking for an extension with male and female connectors?
        Best regards,
        Matthew

Comment

If you have a local fry's, they sell just a package of male/female ATX connectors with pins.. I bought several to make a 5ft power extension cable, plus a 8 inch one for the interior of the case.

It's a little tedious, but managed to get the 5ft cable done in about 4 hours.

Just buy two packages and manually make a cable, not that tough! Just gotta buy a tool specifically for crimping those type of pins.. Can't use the generic crimpers/cutter/splicer tool.. Takes too long..

The typical wire used for PS's is 18 gauge.
          Brian Cozzens
          Duke Nukem Forever / Max Payne
          www.3drealms.com

Comment

I can arrange the two guys for you connected with wires ....

let me know what exactly you require ..

Two connecters on either side with wires connecting them
            the connector shall be

a) the one on the power supply

or

b) the one on the ATX mother board

which one do you require and how long do you want the wires
            1 feet or more ?

Give me all these details and i shall give you the price

Cheers
            Mastero

Comment

Defiler why not use a atx-extension cable?
              -
              My cars
              -

Comment

Thanks for all the replies...

Electronicsuk

I can't use male to female because of the DC board and the motherboard both having female conectors on it.

Whaleboy

I don't have a local Fry's but I will look on the web site.

Mastero

when I finally get the motherboard and case layout I want you prolly get a PM from me.

jol

extentions are male to female...no good.

Again, thanks for all the replies.
                Aura MR62 (F and R)
                My Current MP3s
                IamDefiler.com

Comment

it looks like you need a longer atx-power-cable-bundle, and a way to make it longer is to use a extender, dig?
                  -
                  My cars
                  -

Comment

You havent said much on what that is...im assuming its a atx power supply? If so where did you get it and how much was it...it looks fairly cool.

Thanks
                    Shuttle SV-24 (Plexiglass case)
                    5 Gig Laptop HD (Now Dead)
                    256 Ram
                    466 Celeron (1 Gig Toasted)
                    7" 16:9 touchscreen LCD
                    Firewire Slot Load DVD
                    700W Inverter (Power to spare)
                    Monster Cap
                    Sproggy Shutdown Controller
                    Custom Fiberglass Console (Idea Junked)

Still Need: GPS, and some kick a@# software!

Comment

Originally posted by the_spy_guy
                      You havent said much on what that is...im assuming its a atx power supply? If so where did you get it and how much was it...it looks fairly cool.

Thanks
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/sear...der=descending
                      -
                      My cars
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by the_spy_guy

Thanks
                        Info from another thread:

Just some info I got from Cindy @ Casetronic about the power ability and the EPIA-M, laptop hard drive, Pioneer slot load DVD drive and a few USB devices...

Dear Sir

The output power for the ac adapter is 55W. So, if you purchase the ac adapter
                        with the DC board from us, your total output power will be 55W.
                        VIA has already tested the EPIA-M with a standard 3.5" IDE hard drive and a
                        standard 5.25" IDE CDROM drive and their result showed the output to be 35 W.
                        The laptop hard drive has lower power consumption and therefore the DC board
                        should have no problem power up the hard drive.

The cost for DC board is $35/each, and $19/each for AC adaptor.
                        Shipping charge is approximately $8.00

Please kindly call in for order. Thank you

Cindy
                        Aura MR62 (F and R)
                        My Current MP3s
                        IamDefiler.com

Comment

Just get two atx extension cables and hack the ends off and soder together the bits that you need. And it will be a female-female cable, as its the metal pins inside that are classified by male/female, not the plastic housings. And a bought a few atx extensions from this place a few months ago for some 2U cases:
                          http://www.cables.cc/cgi/cart.pl?db=...category=POWER
                          -Nick

Comment

seriosuly, buy 2 ATX extension cables, cut off the female ends and solder them together, it'll take you like 15 minutes in total, it's not very difficult.
                            IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

It doesnt look all that bad jointing 2 ATX harness together if you do it right. My work uses molex connectors for install. The crimper we use is
                              http://www.molex.com/product/apptool/htool.html
                              the 1st crimper on the left. I cut the molex pins in half discarding the pin part and only saving the part the crimps the wires and insulations. Then I crimp the 2 wires together and heat shrink them. If you never done a deck install on an 84 300ZX, you have to seperate the common ground. Nissan uses the same crimp method for their common ground. I believe Opus power supply uses the same type of plug. male to male. Maybe you can call them up and order the ATX plug from them. My plug is about 10-12inches long.
                              NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                              If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X