No announcement yet.

M2-ATX to power Carputer and xbox 360?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX to power Carputer and xbox 360?

ok, at the moment i have a M2-ATX and i am in the process of building a pc for my car, i have been thinking about putting my xbox into my car at some point in the near future.

my question is, will i be able to run my xbox 360 and my car pc through the same PSU?

also, is there a way to only ever have one or the other powered? never both at the same time!

what do i need?
    Unphased A New and upcoming site for VW owners.

I do not think the M2 has enough power to supply both, 160 Watts
    If anyone gives me a rev - I give them the Bird

Comment

thats what i mean, could i not put a switch in the M2 ATX so i can flick between pc and xbox 360? then technically i wouldnt be powering both.?

Comment

The engineering involved in pulling this off wouldn't be worth the additional expense of a second PSU...
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
          The engineering involved in pulling this off wouldn't be worth the additional expense of a second PSU...
          You would have to add a number of relays just to switch all the outputs. You would lose the intelligent startup and shutdown timing features that the carPC needs for smooth functioning. The cost of parts and time to make something that barely works would not be worthwhile. You can use a second (probably less expensive) supply for the xbox, and be able to use both units simultaneously.
          ~Jimmy

Comment

cool, i will just do that then. thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
            X