remote lock/unlock does not work until pc is off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote lock/unlock does not work until pc is off

has anyone else had this problem? when i turn off the car for that 20 sec or whatever until the carpc completely shuts off my remote does not work to lock it. I am running a opus 180. as soon as it goes back into standby the remote works again.

You mean your keyless entry?

My best guess would be that your keyless entry monitors the amps being drawn and will not engage until it is below a certain level.

Check your owner's manual/e-mail the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by jmc1414 View Post
      has anyone else had this problem? when i turn off the car for that 20 sec or whatever until the carpc completely shuts off my remote does not work to lock it. I am running a opus 180. as soon as it goes back into standby the remote works again.
      You are probably backfeeding the ignition circuit with the PC. A diode on the ignition circuit to the power supply may clear it up. The keyless is not designed to work while the car is running on some OEM SYSTEMS. Mine is one so I added an aftermarket remote start that does not have this issue.
      The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

My 2 Toyotas are fine with the PC running, but the Honda, you have to be within 2 feet for the remote to work.
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
        X