CNX-P2140 12v on both outputs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNX-P2140 12v on both outputs

Well I think you can use the Primary rail to power both your PC and the monitor. You can then use the Secondary rail to power a usb port 5VDC.

Thanks... so will the screen be adversely affected by the standby power when the ignition is off?

Comment

Well if your screen has auto detect, then it should turn itself off when there is no video coming in.

Comment

Wow... for some reason these posts are getting all out of whack... must be a timezone thing...

Yeah, the screen will auto power off... well, it goes into its own standby mode...

Thanks, I will try your configuration and see what happens...

Comment

CNX-P2140 12v on both outputs

Hi there,

I posted this on the Carnetix forum but that forum seems to have gone quiet lately, I hope you guys can help me...

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but am I right in understanding that the P2140 cannot have 12v input and 12v output on both primary and secondary outputs? Wouldn't this be a fairly common configuration? My battery outputs 12v, my PC requires 12v and so does my screen... If it is the case that this setup doesn't work, how would I go about configuring 12v input, 12v PC and 12v screen?

Cheers...

Comment

Working...
          X