No announcement yet.

Door unlock computer startup controller

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door unlock computer startup controller

hi all,

i roughly looked through the forum and found that there are a few personal projects doing this controller of using the door unlock remote to startup the computer..

i was wondering if theres any ready to install controller on the market or near ready to install controller that will take a few simple configuration to work instead of building it from scratch ....

thanks for all your help guys.

You could have the signal from the button that turns the lights on when you open the car door short the IGN signal to the carputer via a relay. You could then have a pressure sensor under the driver seat that does the same thing.

This way, when the door is open and/or you are sitting in your seat, the carputer will be starting before you even put the key in the ignition.
    2003 Nissan Xterra Worklog

Total amount spent so far: $1196.64

You will probably spend AT LEAST 2x what you initially budget for your CarPC Project!

2003 Nissan Xterra - Modifications

ok.. is there any stuff i can purchase? or do i have to design the circuit diagram and relay myself?

i was thinking more of the press remote to unlock door/activate carputer.
        if key not in ignition in half a min, kill power to carputer kinda switch.