Cnx-p1900 19.5v?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cnx-p1900 19.5v?

I need a shutdown controller and DC power supply for my Sony Vaio Laptop. It requires 19.5V 4A.
    The CNX-P1900 looks like it outputs at even voltages 19V,20V. Will 19 or 20 V work is the laptop wants 19.5?
    Any other shutdown controller that does 19.5V?
    My BMW E46 carpc
    My iGuidance 4 skin
    FS transflective 2008 lilliput

Yeah it should work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by rgarjr View Post
      Yeah it should work fine.
      Agreed

You could drop the 20 across a diode to drop a partial volt,, a silicon diode will drop it 0.7v to 19.3vdc.

Comment

Thanks. Would this be a better way to go then getting a DC-DC 12V supply and then using a 19.5V laptop car adapter?
        My BMW E46 carpc
        My iGuidance 4 skin

Comment

The P1900 install doc says it puts out +19.5V when jumpers are set for +19V.
          Mine is set for +18V, but tests at +18.5V

Here it is verbatim:

"JP6 allows you to select the output voltage that appears on the Primary Output (J2 Pin 4). The selections are +18V, +19V, or +20V as shown below. Note: the actual voltage is set approximately .5 Volts higher to compensate for any wiring losses you may have in your installation."

Comment

Does this thing work as a startup/shutdown controller or do I need something separate for this?
            It says it handles standby/resume but doesn't say anything about hooking into my power button.
            My BMW E46 carpc
            My iGuidance 4 skin

Comment

You'll have to hack it into your power button.
              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
              Want to:
              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

its a S/S controller and you can hook up to the power switch

Comment

Working...
                X