M4-ATX or DSATX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4-ATX or DSATX

Which is better choise for carpc? I need one good power supply which will work normaly when we have outside 35-40C and in car has been about 40-50C or more... I have AC in car but carpc work alltime(in S3 sleep) so power suply must work normaly...
    M4-ATX
    33.33%
    DSATX 220
    66.67%

From what I know, they are both quality products.
    The M4 has a bit more power output (30w).
    I have a DSATX and am very hapy with it.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

voted for DSATX, even though I've never played with a M4, I like my DSATX very much. Only thing I wish I had bought the brainstem for the DSATX when I bought the DSATX. The tiny pots are a little difficult to get the time and voltage settings set perfectly. Such is life, but I still love it...
      Crawdaddy
      1991 Chevy Suburban 1500 w/SBC 350
      2005 Saturn ION 2 sedan

Suburban Worklog

"A local New Orleans man says his socks are finally dry..." -Tom Tucker, Family Guy

Comment

Until now Im using M2-ATX.
        First work good with first carpc
        Second with new carpc doesn't work ok, so Im decide to change it for something better...
        First Im looking for M4-ATX then Im see DSATX which I can connect to USB/SERIAL and analyse rails and acc voltage, but Im read that few guys have overheating problems...
        So I don't know which is better choise...

Comment

One question. Is possible on DSATX disable hard off time? Default is set to 1200, but I need this function disabled... Is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by _Dejan_ View Post
            One question. Is possible on DSATX disable hard off time? Default is set to 1200, but I need this function disabled... Is this possible?
            Yes this is possible.

There is a setting for that that you can program over the brainstem.
            MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
            www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by zootjeff View Post
              Yes this is possible.

There is a setting for that that you can program over the brainstem.
              Hi,
              Thanks, Im find this that you can enable sleepS3 and stay on VSB5V by brainstem...
              Im order it so now Im waiting it...

Comment

Working...
              X