Three M2_ATX...no power!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three M2_ATX...no power!!!!

I just got my third M2-ATX in 18months and I'm beginning to feel there's no use having one of this PSU.

The first one I had lasted about 1month and half but dies as a result of my carelessness. The second one powered my system without much problems for over 1 year until it quit supplying 5v.

I got another M2-ATX off eBay and had to do an exchange and the exchange worked for less than 2 hours!!!!

Now I have used my digital multimeter to test the rails of all three PSUs
    PSU1 :
    12v rail: 12v
    5v rail: NIL
    3.3v: 3.3v

PSU2:
    12v rail: NIL
    5v rail: 5.something
    3.3v: NIL

PSU3:

12v rail: 12v
    5v rail: NIL
    3.3v: NIL

Is there a way to combine the benefits of all handicapped three to get something out of them?

Else, a more interesting help I would prefer is to find a way to FIX these PSU?
    Anyone tried to fix them before? Any luck?

I'm definitely NOT going to buy another M2-ATX....sucks!!!! The only reason I got another one this time was that the second one I owned work pretty well.

I would appreciate any positive inputs.

Thanx

something like this, but for an M2-ATX
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/powe...ur-m4-atx.html

Comment

Originally posted by BLAXKINNED View Post
      dies as a result of my carelessness.
      That pretty much summed up why the m2 won't work for you. They are not tolerant at all to carelessness or overloading a rail, which is my best guess as what you have done to them.

I've owned 2 - m2's for over 3 years and have not had a problem with them, used daily.

You could run all 3 in dumb mode (no jumpers) to get each rail but it will take up space and won't have the shutdown controller.
      Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Sounds like you are overloading them.

Is that HD a 3.5"? How many USB devices?

I dont do AMD's, but do you know how much yours pulls and off of what rail?
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I agree, it sound's like it's probably being overloaded. Never used one though, but I would check the caps and see if they popped or leaked.
          Kids, don't play with too many knives! -Crack Stuntman

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post

You could run all 3 in dumb mode (no jumpers) to get each rail but it will take up space and won't have the shutdown controller.
            COuld you elaborate on this process please. That would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
              Sounds like you are overloading them.

Is that HD a 3.5"? How many USB devices?

I dont do AMD's, but do you know how much yours pulls and off of what rail?

I have an AMD Mobile Athlon that I think is rated at 45w if I'm right. And it's voltage in about 1.5v - 1.65v I think.....I need to get the specifications.

Meanwhile, I actually have two 3.5" HDD and about 4 USB devices (GPS, Touchscreen, sometimes phone, and any other USB device which varies with need). Also, I have the anti-thump connected to two amps, one for car speakers and one for the subwoofer.

I want to agree that the M@-ATX is being overloaded, it's just surpreising that one of the three I had worked for almost a year before dying when I took computer out to do some mods, and upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by kibble View Post
                I agree, it sound's like it's probably being overloaded. Never used one though, but I would check the caps and see if they popped or leaked.
                I did that already. Thanks for that suggestion.
                And I'm doing it again right now...

Comment

I think I read somewhere that older athlons used the 5v rail to power the CPU -- Correct me if I'm wrong. That would be the first thing I'd look into.

Comment

Working...
                  X