Triple Socket Adapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Socket Adapter

Hey, my plan to power my setup was as follows. The current OEM setup is the wires leave the harness and connect to the OEM cig lighter. (See Fig 1.)

I want to use this Triple Socket Adapter, link, so i have three outputs. What i wish to do is cut the wire from the harness to the cig lighter and cut off the male end of the Triple Socket Adapter and connect it to the wires coming from the OEM cig lighter and connect the wires from the harness to the Triple Socket Adapter (See Fig 2.).

Then, simply plug in the OEM cig lighter (with it now having a male end) into one of the sockets of the Triple Socket Adapter then plug the LCD and PC's power into the other sockets. This way i retain the use of the OEM cig lighter. (See Fig 3.).

My questions is, will this be to much for that one adapter to handle? technically the description for the Triple Socket Adapter says it is ment to handle multiple functions (basicly, its purpose), i just want to be sure before i start cutting. Thanks!

(sorry for the crappy images, i wanted my question to be as detailed as possible, haha.)

The cig lighter is a poor connection for a pc.

Your best solution is to connect the oem wire to a fused distribution block.
    From there select the correct fuse for each component ( pc, lcd, etc ).
    Next hardwire each component.

Finally add your original female oem end.

Comment

Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

haha nice one toaster :P

Comment

InstaFAQ! Although I know there's already one on the subject.
          It's been a while...

Comment

Originally posted by billmee View Post
            The cig lighter is a poor connection for a pc.

Your best solution is to connect the oem wire to a fused distribution block.
            From there select the correct fuse for each component ( pc, lcd, etc ).
            Next hardwire each component.

Finally add your original female oem end.

Okay, I have cig adapters for the LCD and Laptop so your saying I should just remove the male ends off them and connect directly to a distro block? Sounds good, and smaller. haha. Thanks.

Originally posted by h3rk View Post
            InstaFAQ! Although I know there's already one on the subject.
            i did not see one, i searched my heart out. haha. maybe i was using the wrong keywords.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmiller View Post
              Okay, I have cig adapters for the LCD and Laptop so your saying I should just remove the male ends off them and connect directly to a distro block? Sounds good, and smaller. haha. Thanks.
              YES

Comment

Working...
              X