Remote on/off switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote on/off switch

I have an idea, but i'm hoping the mp3car.com folks can help me figure it out. I want to turn my carcomputer on remotely, so i can access it over the wireless network.

I have an Opus power supply that turns on and off with the ignition. I have a switch in the center console to turn the battery power on and off so i can do a hard shutdown while driving if need-be, and another switch that can give the ignition lead battery power so i can turn the computer on and off w/o the car being on.

Is there a way to remotely control this switch? I'd like to flip a switch inside my apartment and have an electrical contact be made in the car. i can connect this to the battery power to turn it on.

I know they make remote on/off switches for AC devices. I bought one at Radio Shack a couple years ago. Anything like that for 12VDC?
    Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

There's a lot of wireless relay boards, look for em at any online electronics kit store.
    Thats all you need, one channel RF, nothing special. You press a single button on a remote and it toggles the relay in the car.
    2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
    Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
    Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
    The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

Working...
    X