Usb Hub Power supply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usb Hub Power supply

If I were to buy a Usb hub with a 5v dc power supply, what would be the best way to run it? Is it absolutly nessesary to get a power inverter or is there some way to run it direct? thanks

Some computer psu's have a 5VDC rail u can use to power it, if not... then you can buy a point of load, which converts your 12VDC car power to 5VDC.

Comment

I run the m1 or m2 atx, i dont really remember, and im looking at the manual online and jumper j2 says "Optional P4-12V power". does that mean i can power it from there? thanks

Comment

Well u have to check what voltage your hub uses. 5VDC is common on hubs.
        Check out the Point of loads on the mp3car store.

Comment

Originally posted by djurchicprelude View Post
          If I were to buy a Usb hub with a 5v dc power supply, what would be the best way to run it? Is it absolutly nessesary to get a power inverter or is there some way to run it direct? thanks
          If the USB hub takes 5vdc, you can wire it to a HDD power connector using the red wire, which is 5v.

Originally posted by rgarjr View Post
          Some computer psu's have a 5VDC rail u can use to power it, if not... then you can buy a point of load, which converts your 12VDC car power to 5VDC.
          ALL PC power supplies supply 5vdc. It's necessary for hard drives, optical drives and USB.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

[QUOTE=DarquePervert;1252319]If the USB hub takes 5vdc, you can wire it to a HDD power connector using the red wire, which is 5v.

thanks thats exactly what i needed to know!

Comment

Working...
            X