M2-ATX wont shurt off >=|

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX wont shurt off >=|

I've had my m2-atx for over a year now and never really had a problem with it. Recently though it never shuts off on it's own and it's driving me crazy. It starts up just fine and powers everything perfectly but for some reason it wont send the signal to power down the pc. I tested the signal wire with a volt meter and it shows now power once the key is switched off so I don't think that's the problem. Is the m2-atx going bad or is there something else I should check? Also I fried my hard drive around the same time I'm not sure if that has something to do with it or not but just throwing that out there.

Thanks

Do you have the bios set to turn on the computer when power is restored?
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Originally posted by pancit175 View Post
      Do you have the bios set to turn on the computer when power is restored?
      Yes, why's that?

Comment

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

I figured out what it was, and I'm a little embarrassed to say what it was lol. I pulled the carpc out and took it all apart and noticed that somehow the power wires on the motherboard were off. So the m2-atx was trying to shut the pc down it just couldn't get the signal.

Comment

Happens to the best of us. I'm guilty.
            Tidder

Try RevFE
            The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

That is why I asked about the bios setting. I should have elaborated that the pc is going to force a startup when power is returned, But will not shutdown because the likelyhood of the power button wire being disconnected.
              At least it wasnt something major.
              "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
              "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
              [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Working...
              X