Carnetix P1900 Help! SSC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnetix P1900 Help! SSC

Hey guys, I currently have a Carnetix P1900 and my only dilemma now is the startup/shutdown controller. Is it necessary for me to hook up the ACPI wire to the motherboard in order for this functionality to work? The computer I am using is a Asus EEE Box and there is no plug on the motherboard where the power button is. Would I need to solder the wires in order to make it work properly? Or is it possible to still have the SSC without connecting a ACPI wire?

Originally posted by rudetrini View Post
    Hey guys, I currently have a Carnetix P1900 and my only dilemma now is the startup/shutdown controller. Is it necessary for me to hook up the ACPI wire to the motherboard in order for this functionality to work?
    Yes.

The computer I am using is a Asus EEE Box and there is no plug on the motherboard where the power button is. Would I need to solder the wires in order to make it work properly?
    Yes.

Or is it possible to still have the SSC without connecting a ACPI wire?
    No.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Ok, I was able to figure this out through trial and error. If anyone else ends up using an Asus EEE Box for their car PC I can help them out. My CarPC is now fully functional! The only problem I have is getting my keyboard with built in touch pad to work properly after the computer resumes from hibernation. It is plugged into a USB hub that is also powered by the P1900.

Comment

I have some questions about the eee.

Which model are you using?
        How do you turn it on?

Comment

Ok, I was able to figure this out through trial and error. If anyone else ends up using an Asus EEE Box for their car PC I can help them out. My CarPC is now fully functional! The only problem I have is getting my keyboard with built in touch pad to work properly after the computer resumes from hibernation. It is plugged into a USB hub that is also powered by the P1900.
          Check the power saving on the USB Root Hubs in the Device Manager and disable them.
          Also, if the keyboard/trackpad unit is connected through a USB hub, then connect it directly into a USB port on the motherboard.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by billmee View Post
            I have some questions about the eee.

Which model are you using?
            How do you turn it on?
            I took apart the whole PC and soldered a wire to where the power button is on the motherboard and ran it to the Carnetix P1900.

I have the ASUS EEE Box B202, it's not once of those mini-laptops but rather a mini desktop PC.

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
            Check the power saving on the USB Root Hubs in the Device Manager and disable them.
            Also, if the keyboard/trackpad unit is connected through a USB hub, then connect it directly into a USB port on the motherboard.
            Thanks, I will try this and see if it works. I will also try the devcon fix to see if I can disable and re-enable the USB hub when I resume from Hibernation.

The only thing I am having problems with is alternator whine/noise now that I have moved all my wiring behind my glove box. I originally had everything on my passenger side floor when I was testing and setting everything up, but now that I have everything hidden, it's giving some noise interference. I will try relocating my RCA's to see if that solves the problem.

I will have pics up in the near future.

Comment

I took apart the whole PC and soldered a wire to where the power button is on the motherboard and ran it to the Carnetix P1900.

I have the ASUS EEE Box B202, it's not once of those mini-laptops but rather a mini desktop PC.
              Thanks for the info
              I'm looking at a used EEE 900 and wondering if the power switch is gonna be a bear.

Comment

Hi rudetrini and all,

I am looking at getting into carputers and am looking at setting up my first one using the ASUS EEE Box B202 but before I do I just wanted to ask a few questions. I wanted to know if the computer is powerful enough to play mp3 and flac files and to run GPS software using a USB GPS receiver. I would also be looking at adding a USB slot CD/DVD ROM drive to watch DVD movies and listening to CDS and I will be hooking the computer up to a 7" touch screen to run the carputer. Can anyone see any limitations in doing this with this computer? The other question I have is how hard it is to open the case and wire up a DC power supply, is it difficult or reasonably easy if you have basic soldering skills? Thank you for the advise and please let me know if there is anything I may have overlooked as this is the first carputer I am looking at doing.

Comment

Exactly what parts did you buy with the P1900 to make it work with the EEE Box? What did you have to solder and connect.. etc etc...

Im a newb in this whole thing...

Comment

Working...
                  X